Thursday, February 01, 2007
A really quick post!
I know that I have not posted for several days now. I ended up not being able to walk at all with the whole sciatica thing and well, to make a long story short I have been flat on my back for 8 days and on the third day I was taken to the doctor for an MRI which clearly shows a ruptured disc. It was so bad they did surgery the very next morning. So I am about 24 hours post surgery and I feel so much better other than being a little weak. I did great with my meals except I could not get them all in. My husband made my food for me before leaving but there were days I could not even get up and go get it. All I know I am glad that is all over with. They did say that the disc was practically hollow because all of the spongey stuffy magoo or what ever, was floating all around and there was a huge chunk of it on my nerve cords. No wonder I hurt so bad! I was ready to end it all I am telling you. But, this is just a little setback of a week or two. He said I could start regular stuff like walking whenever I felt like it. I tried so hard to eat because I did not want to lose muscle but I just couldnt keep up with it. I cannot wait to get caught up on everyones blog. I am so glad to be back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Whoa! You had back surgery?!?!?!? That's pretty big stuff and definitely a good excuse for not posting....
I am glad you got relief so quickly. You'll be back at it in no time, but of course you know to take it easy for now. Don't worry about the eating...you can make up for whatever you lose pretty quickly.
Wow...I am still amazed that you are posting 24 hrs after back surgery!
hope you feel back to your old self soon!! I'll pray for quick healing. :)
Oh. My. Goodness. You poor thing. I was wondering what happened to you. I hope you heal quickly and feel better really soon. Take it easy and rest. {{{HUGS}}}
Whoa Sundie! No kidding, posting 24hrs after surgery?? Impressive. I'm sending feel good vibes your way ;)
Ok lets try this again..blogger ate my last attempt!
I just WOW that is amazing to have gone thru! can't beleive you got in for surgery that quick!
Take care & heal up quick now ok??
*HUGS**
WOW WOW WOW
And hear I thought that you were just too busy to post because you were enjoying the snow. ;o)
Hope you are recovering nicely and that you are "back" to it soon. Take care!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment