Saturday, February 24, 2007

What I have learned this week.

This has been a very long week for me. This was my first full week back to work. I did manage to make it to the bitter end but I practically crawled home sick Friday night. I did however learn some very important things this week.....

1. When over 500 something kids are very glad to see you, you will get some kind of bug from at least one of them.
2. When your students are used to a substitute from the olden days, they will play lots of dodge ball, yes it is fun but teaches them nothing about life long fitness. Can you see yourself at 50 playing dodge ball? More on that later. (I could post a book about that)
3.When you eat two desserts with your free meal it is bound to show on your measurements.
4. I discovered that you really are supposed to take it easy for a while after surgery and that includes no swing dancing with the kids at school! We are trying to get ready for 50's Day damn it! I cannot tell them how to swing I have to show them.
5. If you do not take time out to stretch you probably will pull at the least a stinkin groin muscle
6. When the wind is blowing 60mph don't even bother going outside.
7. When your car needs the fluids checked be ready to fork out $2700 dollars, they know you are fixing to leave on vacation and they DON'T" CARE. They want to charge you $180 dollars for a hose that cost $11.00 that they will be taking off anyway to get to the more expensive stuff they want to replace. GEEE, give me a break. They know that no one else in this county works on foreign cars and they just want you to bend over and take it.
8. Planning a vacation is stressful
9. Don't take a decongestant at night even if you cannot breath and you have to sleep standing up.
10.Fat free mayonnaise is full of sugar(I should have known this but hey I have been under anesthesia and my IQ has dropped a bit)
11. Don't mistake your conditioner for shampoo and keep getting more because it is not lathering up. (anesthesia thing again).
12. Don't put soy sauce on your last meal of the day when you have to give measurements the next morning. I am not sure if it was the two dessert last weekend or the bloating that caused me to be a pound heavier this week. I was down on hips but nothing else. Thank goodness today my weight was down to 124. I know it was the soy sauce, either the sodium or MSG, I am allergic to MSG and it does that to me sometimes. I know better.
13.Eating clean all week, drinking all my water and getting all my cardio in with some upper body workouts does eventually pay off. Even though I had a bloated day yesterday I put on my jeans this morning and buttoned them up and you could pull them right down without even unbuttoning them. I was in such a good mood all day and it really made me not want to go over board on my free meal. I had pizza!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of the most important things though are to believe in yourself, and to not let anything or anyone, get in your way of what you want.

You almost never, ever, if ever, fail on either of those counts.

Even if you do try to take on a lot, when you're temporarily in the wrong state, to be doing as much as normal, that in itself, is a big, big plus.

It shows you will do what it takes to make that end point, even if sometimes you need to tone down the work ethic, in times of reduced capability, to want to give 100% in times when you can't is an amazing thing, and SJ, you have an unbelievable Heart and attitude, to everything you are doing misses.

You have every right to feel proud of yourself everyday, and as long as you continue to recognise your own strengths and weaknesses, you will keep doing everything you have been doing.

GOOD LUCK SJ. I believe in you 100%, and I know, no matter what happens, you'll make it to the end of your journey and stay there.

You are awesome, so think big, be strong, and keep giving as much as you can.

It pays off, you look amazing, and you do yourself proud so, so many times.

You're a definite rolemodel for any woman, and any of your children, to look up to, and learn from, so don't worry, show no fear, and keep yourself as real as you always do :-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

Will take those things into account. Sounds like you were really glad to see Saturday. Here's to hoping this week goes by better!

KatieFeldmom said...

LOL about the shampoo and conditioner. Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

Pamela said...

oh dear on a coupla those! yea ok the shampoo thing for sure! & sorry the critters made you sick!
I'm not even gonna say anything about you weighing only 124- brat! ~lol~
take care ok?