What a wonderful time I had last week. I enjoyed every minute of it. Although it was pretty hard getting up yesterday to be back at work after driving for 8 hours to get home it was well worth it.
I was a little worried at first because it rained our first day in Jamaica but eventually it cleared off and I was able to enjoy the beautiful beach. Then off to Grand Cayman and although it is beautiful it is very expensive and the people are not very friendly there. We did enjoy the beach for a day there as well and some great snorkeling. They have the best snorkeling in the world. The water is the most beautiful deep blue you have ever seen and the bottom is white sand. It is breath taking. That is one of the reasons I keep going back. The same for Cozumel. I love this place called Playa Mia and it is my absolute favorite. The water is beautiful as well but it is a turquoise color with sand and rock on the bottom. The people are the nicest people I have ever met. My little brother and his girlfriend of 16 years, yes 16 went on this trip with us and he finally ask her to marry him while we were there. It was so cool, he had the ring in his shoe the entire time. He is such a nut but I love him. He is like my own kid because my mom was in college when he was born and I was only 10 but I took care of him like my own and later he came to live with my husband and me for 12 years because my mom moved out of state and he did not want to move. I am so excited for the two of them but she is already like a sis in law anyway. I am the only girl with 3 brothers and none of them have every married so this is the first one. Another brother lives with his girlfriend of 10 years and they own a house together and the other brother who is 45 has had several girlfriends but has never found the right one. My brothers obviously have a problem with commitment huh?
Okay enough about all that, not sure why I got off track....
I did manage to workout everyday but one but only cardio. The weights sucked and it was crowded. I forgot how much I hate working out in a public place. Eating is another story. I did great the first couple of days but it was really hard being at the beach all day because I did not have a cooler and my protein bars would melt and a protein shake would be nasty. A margarita was a whole lot better! Anyway, I probably set myself back a week or two but I know what I have to do now. I could not wait to get right back at it Monday morning. I am carb cycling again this week and drinking tons of water. I am even doing a little extra cardio because when I give measurments to Tad on Friday he is gonna know what I did. EEEEEEE!
We video taped the trip and only took a few pictures. The video camera is brand new and I am trying to figure out how in the world to get it on my computer. If I can figure it out I will post it. Hope everyone is doing great!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Welcome Home!!!!!!!!
Wow 16 years!!! That's a long time. I'm sure she NEVER expected it.
Sounds like a wonderful trip! & don't worry about the digression.. it's great to hear about family too hon! Congrats to your brother& the soon to be official SIL!
I got confused for a minute, I thought his gf was 16. Then I realised it was a 16 year relationship. DUH.
That's a good thing though, they say marry in haste repent at leisure, so if you marry at leisure e.g. 16 years, you should have a pretty swift repentance period, then it's a fantastic, loving, amazing marriage all the way to 100+
Well sounds great in theory ;-).
I bet the ring hurt, and if you say you've got a stone in your shoe and lie, sooner or later someone will wonder why you haven't got rid of it, and you're still limping.
Glad you had a great time, and don't worry about stuff. You ALWAYS look tops, and you deserved this time away. You put yourself through a lot of physical demands, you've had a few physical isseus too, and no doubt teaching young children is not a walk in the park sometimes, so I'm glad it all went well.
Have a brilliant day, and keep feeling proud of yourself. You'll get the results you want, so don't sweat it, keep your excellent mindset charged, and it WILL work out for you.
:-) :-).
Matt
P.S. thanks for joining the site, and your account is now active, just incase the registration e-mail failed to get through. Can sometimes happen, occasionally.
Good to have you back!! Sounds like you had a blast!! You did so well though working out so much, great job.
I totally thought you meant 16yrs old and was like WHOA then I read Lori's comment, LOL!! How cool! And YAY a SIL!! :)
Post a Comment