Friday, April 20, 2007

still plugging along

It has been a pretty good week and this is only day 10 of my new challenge. After being on such a strict diet with my trainer I feel like I am cheating. I am going to do measurments and weight again in the morning but I don't really think much has changed. My upper body, I love it, my lower body, not so much. Isn't that how all woman are? I feel like my weight workouts are just not up to par. I don't know but I think I am holding back because I am afraid. Afraid of hurting my back again. It is still pretty sensitive and it could take up to a year to be completely back to normal. I have no desire right now to compete but I would love to maybe in the Fall but not figure, I would rather do BB. So, I need to put on some muscle but how do you do that mentally if the scale is obviously going to move up because you are putting on so much muscle. I don't know if I could handle that because well you know, that sticking number, it's scary. Figure would be fine but I just don't think I could do the whole high heel thing. Come on, I wear tennis shoes everyday other than weekends and it is not a heel. I am not exactly Grace in those things. These are just some things I have been thinking about.
BFL is going great at work,I don't know if it is just me but everyone looks like they are smaller already. Two of the girls have more to lose than the other three. One has already lost 3 pounds. I think her body is in shock. She was a fast food junkie and she says she is actually having withdrawals. I am sure she is too. Two of the girls are so young and little anyway but one is getting married and wants to look really toned even though she already does. The other is so very tiny and thin but wants to be healthy, how cool is that.There is one that has the most to lose and she is doing so great! I am so proud of all of them and we have so much fun. I think all the other teachers are sick of us talking about it. The cheat bucket is getting full of money from the others who I thought dropped out. Apparently, they are still in but have cheated a lot.

On another boring note, if you have read my blog you will know that my daughter came home from Costa Rica. Well apparently she is missing it really bad. I told her we would go back with her and visit but she needed to stay put for now. I know she is going to be 26 but she is our only daughter and we are a very close family. I have never gotten over her leaving home to be on her own. We got rid of a lot of her stuff when she left and put her house up for sale and sold her truck. Now that she is back she needs another one, so we have spent the last week trying to find her something to drive. I finally found it and she has $5000 dollars saved and we are loaning her the rest. Thank goodness her house did not sell and she was able to just move back in. I took a 1/2 day off today so I can go pick up her new truck and get my hair cut. So this week, I have been trying to work, go to webmaster meetings after school, yow thats me and run the snow cone stand, work out, and trying to look at cars for her. It has been a crazy week. I am on my way right now to have a what I hope to be a great lower body workout and do some cardio. Thought I would post a picture of her new truck, it is really pretty. She has not even seen it yet and won't until Sunday when she comes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SJ, I know 100%, you could be a really, really good bodybuilder.

You have the heart, courage, and most of all consitancy and looks to match.

You can make this happen if you really want to, and you will have the necessary ability to strengthen up and look the part.

I suggest that for the interim, you search Google images, or google itself, for bodybuilding poses, like Lat Spreads Double Back Biceps etc etc, and use the pictures or print them out for referance, and to keep your mind focused on it, if you get a about 10-20 minutes late in the day, practice them daily or as many days as you can, to get used to them.

Also, be prepared for the obvious comments.

You might find you start to get some comments about how you start to look, and they won't all be nice, but those kind of comments will mean nothing, compared to the kind of comments you get on here.

Whatever happens I personally think this is a great decision for you. I'm always happy for you no matter what you do, and you can CERTAINLY count on my support, assistance and ideas, as you take this journey to the stage on.

You already look great, and you are going to have a beautiful transformation ahead of you, FACT, and you'll be a great asset to the sport.

There's already plenty of young women, that could learn from your Heart, and the dedication to your body, and I must admit I'm a little excited by your decision.

GOOD LUCK. It will be hard, but you're not alone with this, and I hope you find it a really amazing experience.

Have a brilliant day, and keep feeling proud of yourself. You are a truly amazing, and wonderful person.

:-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

She will love that truck! How nice of you ;) So, this is what I have to look forward to? I know it will be the hardest thing for me when Justin leaves the house...ouch!

About the scale thing...I so know what you are talking about!! I have to keep it in my head that the scale means NOTHING when your lifting weights...it's all about the measurements and nothing else. Remember that...don't get on the scale and DO take measurement...that is where you'll see the changes and your mind will feel great about it. I used to think about what kind of comp would I want to do...I'm not sure what one it is now, but you dont have to do any "act" and you don't have to be so muscular. Anyway, I changed my mind about it all together because I've been reading blogs about what these girls go through. I don't want to dehydrate myself so much and I sure don't want to lose "the girls" and then have to get inplants later because of it. I will be fine just looking toned and great in anything I wear ;) but this is just me. I do admire the hard work people take to accomplish such a transformation. Where they get that kind of dicapline is beyond me...wow! Whatever you decide to do, you know you have all of our support, and we will be with you on your journy ;)

Keep a positive attitude and know that you are doing great!! Glad to hear about the others at work keeping with this too...good for them.

KatieFeldmom said...

Thanks for posting the anniversary of the OKC bombings.

Loving your talk about your goals. I know that with whatever you decide to do, you will be awesome at it. You have the mindset to tackle anything!!!!!

Love the truck too. She'll enjoy that so much.