Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dilemma

Here it my dilemma. I am heavier this time around as you all know and the posing suit I have on in the pic will work. It is the same one I wore for my last show but I would really like to get a different one. I don't know why I just would for something fresh. I can purchase one for around $50. I know cheap compared to figure. I have spent a small fortune on this comp this time around, way more than last time but I was not paying for a trainer, supplements and posing practice either or tanning(at the show). I bought a beautiful suit from Jamie (Quadsmom) for my evening show and I love it but I don't think it is going to fit me right. It did the day I got it in the mail but now it rides right up my butt. I am worried now that it will not work. Maybe, I just need to get some bikini bite. Does that stuff work? I did not have to use it my last show. I would really like to just buy a posing suit ($50) and use the pretty black suit but I do not want my ass cheeks hanging out on stage either. I am waffling back and forth at what to do. I just hate to spend hundreds of dollars on another evening suit.

Another reason I do not want to spend more money is because I got a huge speeding ticket this weekend. I had just exited off the Interstate ramp on my way to my brothers and as I came off the exit I truly was looking for a speed limit sign. I let off the gas because there was road construction ahead and this officer passes me and turns around gets right on my bumper and I thought, what an ass because it took him forever to put his lights on. Okay are ya gonna push me out of the way? It just made me mad. So when I told him I did not see a speed limit sign posted he was so rude and wrote me a $161 ticket and told he could have made it for $500 because I was in road construction. It amazes me that this all happened right across the street from one of my dh substations that he built and he kept one of his flatbed trailers in there and it was stolen in the middle of the day last year. Where the heck where the police then? They never catch people doing stuff like that. I truly was trying to figure out how fast I was supposed to be going but I guess I deserved the ticket because I was speeding. So now, I have this huge ticket on top of everything else and I remember why it is I went back to work because I swear all my money goes for comp and other dumb ass stuff I do like the ticket. I have not had a ticket in 20 yrs although I will admit I speed a lot but mostly on the Interstate never in residential or city streets. I just feel guilty for all the money I spend on all this comp stuff. My dh does not mind at all but I still feel bad. He is very frugal and never spends money.His boss gives him Visa gift cards all the time and they are stacked up in a drawer because he won't spend them.

6 comments:

Stef said...

Sorry about the speeding ticket!!! I am like you...I speed on the interstate, but never in residential areas. Bad, I know!

I feel ya on the $$$ thing. I always feel guilty for the money I spend on MY stuff. My DH is very frugal, too and I always feel like I spend too much, even when I really don't.

I'm not sure what to tell ya about the suit, but I hear the bikini bite works well.

=)

Kelly Olexa said...

I would be so pissed too about that speeding ticket!! GRRRRR. ;-(

P.S. Are you going to the Arnold?

KO

Marissa said...

Bummer! Sorry to hear about that. Will your suit fit closer to comp? I heard that sometimes that's the only time they fit :)

Anonymous said...

Tough break, but hopefully things will work out okay for you.

Chin up, big smiles and no worries okay :-) :-).

Matt

Tracy said...

Bikini bite works wonders. In posing class most of us have wedgies from the suits. Come show time, Julie made sure those suckers weren't moving. Unless you bent over, then it would pop lose.

I'd ask Julie about the fitting. She can usually tell if a suit is going to work or not.

Anonymous said...

I'm in a money crunch right now, too - so I can relate. Sux. I got a ticket in downtown Miami two years ago doing 51 in a 40. Cost me 181 bucks and the cop didn't even speak English. That REALLY pissed me off.

Hang in there. Buy whatever suit makes you feel most confident - that way when you get on stage, you will know that you did absolutely everything in your power to prep for success. You can always pinch pennies after the comp. :-)