Thursday, September 11, 2008

Raindrops keep falling on my head.

We are feeling the effects of all these hurricanes lately. It has rained and been dreary for the last few days. I do not mind it so much because we needed the rain but this weekend we are suppose to get 6" of rain and that means flooding. So the weekend is going to be a washout. There is a huge warehouse about 2 -3 miles from my house that they are using for a shelter for those people along the coast that have to evacuate. I feel so bad for those people.

I am going back to school on Monday but some things have happened. The loser guy I work with apparently gets to come back, long story and I really do not even want to bore you with it so, now we will have 3 PE teachers since they hired someone to replace him. We only need 2 so one of us will be moving and I hope it is me. I am sure I will get first choice since I have way more senority than the others, one having 3 yrs and the other 2 weeks.

I have never seen so much lying, gossiping and just down right mean stuff lately but I think that is becoming more and more the norm. I mean come on, just look at our world and how mean it is. I mean the world will always have it, that is a given but I am sick of being around mean people like that and refuse to surround myself with those types. I realize every time I watch tv that it is there, the reality shows, politics and all the other crap on tv.

Oh and the election, some choose to play nice and others choose to be mean. Well, when someone is just being down right mean and telling flat out lies one must defend themselves, right? I mean it is politics. That is why I have stopped watching it on tv. The media is corrupt and not on our side anyway so you might want to take some advice and go elsewhere to get your news, like the Internet and you still have to be careful there. I just hope people will think long and hard about this next election and do there homework because it scares me that people want to vote for someone when they have not said one anything about the real things we need to address and when did it become okay to use 911 to help someone get elected? I think that is just sick.

I will leave you with this you tube video of Keith Olbermann, I love him and always have, he gets angry like I do but I keep it all inside! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KU02lsfH8

Oh and you go, Phil Donahue! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45c&feature=related
I cannot believe Fox news was dumb enough to have someone one there that is smarter thab Bill
O'Reilly but oh wait! that could be anyone on the planet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, you've a right to vent your spleen every now and again :-).

I'm sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, and lots of warm wishes, and as ever I'm telling you I'm really proud of you.

Oh and anytime you want to bore me, (not really :-p), just mail me anytime, I don't mind what the heck you say, or how long it gets, and if you ever need some extra YOU time, it'll be there for you whenever, however :-) :-).

Take care and best wishes to you misses.

Matt

ColeC said...

Can you PLEASE send some of that rain over here?? We are going into drought over here (probably misplelled that one LOL).

Glad you are going back to work, sorry about all the crap that is going on. That is happening everywhere!

On the radio today, they were saying how on 9/11 everyone came together as a Nation...ever since that time, we are more divided than ever...about everything! I don't care for either one of our canidates to be honest. I think they are both just saying what they think we want them to say...not one of them has addressed the major things that need to change, and they are already focussing on attacking each other. This is the first time I don't want to vote, but know I need to...so I will take the lesser of the two evils and hope it works out.

Hope your weekend is a good one ;)

KatieFeldmom said...

I hate presidential election years because I think it brings out the worst in Americans. Too much name-calling and it's quite embarrassing that our leaders are all acting like 8th graders. I'm sure it happens in non-presidential years, but I think it's just escalated every 4 years.

So sorry that you're having such a difficult time with the work stuff. I know how much you like being with the kids and all this behind-the-door stuff sucks because it keeps you from them. Good Luck!!!

Stef said...

I hate politics....I think they are all crooks and lie. All political parties. I can't remember one person that I voted for (President) that followed thru on all (even most) of their campaign promises. Plus lobbiest and people who give big campaign donations sway EVERYTHING!

On a brighter note...hope you get moved to another school...better school!

xo~

Sherry said...

Hey lady! I was up in OKC today. Rained the whole way there. On my way out, I saw a sign that read "Hurricane Ike Evacuees Dial 211 for Info." I didn't realize we had evacuees here.

My dad is in Lubbock trying to get to Colorado. I got on my Blackberry and had to break the news that the panhandle of Texas and east to Tulsa was green and the entire state of Colorado from Denver West was green. Oh, did I mention he is hauling a VERY heavy trailer. They're trying to get there for 10:30 so my step-mom can go to a job interview at that time. Did I mention they had left Southern Mississippi at about 6:00pm yesterday and had a tire mishap in Shreveport. So the rain isn't helping the situation. (And they're driving with 3 small kids).

Looks like the rain is affecting us all!

Lori said...

We are having so much stinking rain I feel like I live in Seattle. It sucks.

Barbara said...

Where in TEXAS are you? I'm in Austin so if you need a place to stay...:)

C2 said...

I don't talk about politics because I hear ALL about it in the legal office I work in..... so sick of it! UGH!

As for the mean people and gossip, seriously? What is the need for it? I have never understood people who feel the need to act like that. :(

~ Elizabeth