When we decided to build our house we chose this place because the entrance was just beautiful. In the he Springtime the trees would have these gorgeous white blooms on them and then come Fall we would have beautiful gold and yellow with red leaves. It was all up and down the entrance to our addition for probably at least 1/2 mile. Where we live is the newer part so our trees are still very small. I left the house for the first time in 3 days and I could have cried. It looked like a war zone and let me tell you I have seen tornados that have wiped out complete towns and this is right up there with it. There are still so many without power but I feel so lucky because mine came back on and it has been on all day. I did go to work today and the kids had cabin fever just as bad. It felt like a Monday. I only have 6 more school days and then I am out for like 15 days! YEAH! I thought I would post these pics I took as you come in the addition :(

Today was day 3 of my new workouts, I can honestly say that today was the hardest workout I have ever done. I am going to be so sore tomorrow because I can already feel it coming on. Back to the handicap toilet I will go because it was a killer leg workout! I was up at 4:30 instead of 5 because I had never done the workout before and was afraid I would need more time. It took about an hour.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!!!!!!
Where is Laurie?

8 comments:
:( That makes me sad too. It can always be worse though that's what I always think.
Yeah, luckily we have power still. Some people at work are still out of power. That stinks. I don't know what I would do.
WOW! How scary for you guys in OK. I've heard about it on the news, but seeing actual pictures from someone down there really shows just how scary (and frickin cold) it is. Good Luck for the next 6 days.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
And Laurie is definitely around -- getting her ass kicked by me in Scrabble!!! LOL. Actually she won the last one.
Wow, gave me chills just seeing all of the down trees :( Crazy weather!!
I here you on the cabin fever....my kids were home sick the past few days, and now that they are feeling better, I am drained and they are all wired and driving me crazy. I couldn't imagine a whole classroom full, and plus they are getting all of that pre-holiday excitement. Only five more school days!!!
:) Tina
Best wishes :-) :-).
Matt
Those pics tell it all. The good thing about nature is, when spring time comes, those othe trees will florish and be beautiful.
I thought those kids would have cabin fever ;) Only a few more days left then vacation time...hurray!!
I'm laughing about the soreness (sorry, it's just my sick demented way). I hear you and feel the same...ouch!!!! Just a few more of those workouts and you won't feel like that anymore (of course you already know that).
Have a super day and hope you don't stay sore for to long.
Oh yeah... that looks like the aftermath of a hurricane. And no power really stinks, esp in the cold weather. Glad your power is on. Sorry about your trees.
I'm lurking around, just haven't felt like blogging myself - don't know why, but thanks for remembering me.
Very sad about the trees and so many without power/heat - I hope this next storm doesn't get you.
Post a Comment