Everyone knows that the 12 week out mark is the critical point at which you seriously are out of off season and there are no room for errors. I will be there on Saturday,yes 12 weeks from Sat I plan on being on that stage in Liberty, Mo. I am hoping that Lori (sweet emotion) will be joining me too. I wanted to compete before June and this was the closest show to me and an added bonus of doing a show with her. I have made that 7 hr drive and although there is not much to look at my family will be with me.
I recently got an invitation to be friends on Facebook with a friend I used to workout with. She taught aerobics at the gym I worked out at for years. She competed in the same show I did last year but did figure. So I graciously accepted her invitation and now all of a sudden I have all these old High School classmates contacting me. It is amazing how many people are on Facebook. I am just now learning how to use it and set up a profile. It feels really good when all your old friends comment on how you look and not to be mean but why is it 40 something women let themselves go? It kills me! I don't mean that in a bad way just the fact that I want to help these women. I mean being frumpy is not a prerequisite for being in your 40's. Yes, I know I posted that whole thing about being a women can be exhausting and yes, it can. It wears me out at times but whether you are married, single, divorced, kids, no kids you should have enough love for yourself to take care of you. You are the single most important thing there is because without you, you cannot be there for anyone else and that is what we women like to do, be there for our kids, families, friends and anyone else that needs us. So, now that I have spilled that, go and give yourself just 30 min of something good. You pick
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I limietd the way I could be contacted on there, becasue I never planned to use it, but I got one invite, and then a few other people I am hooked up with on-line did it, but I wasn't prepared to let anyone just try to do it, and I know of a few people I've come across before, who can "kiss it", who I wouldn't want messaging me.
To be honest, I like networking more on sites, like the one I run, because I find it's more productive, educational, and helpful to others, than trying to give a damn about some complete stranger, I know zero about.
I'm glad evrything is okay with you, and I know yo will be brilliant in anythign you do.
You are a real, real, honest to goodness, genuine urban heroine, and a true rolemodel.
Take care and best wishes :-) :-).
Matt
Girl I know what you are talking about!!
I was sent some pictures of our high school reunion (didn't go because I don't care) and wow!! Either they were fat, or tatted up and hard looking, or just looked much older than I do. It made me feel good about ME and I know how good/healthy I am...I will not talk down about myself ever again. I have taked care of my body and it shows (just like you).
I got on Facebook because one of my friends invited me. I only have a few friends and don't care much about it.
have a wonderful weekend!!!
Aaah I love Facebook..... connecting with old friends and keeping in touch with our current friends is GREAT!
Love you!
~ Elizabeth
Hmmmmm.....gonna have to check out facebook!
xo
I'm addicted to Facebook. My 20 year reunion is this year and we're all almost 40 and there is definitey some who have let themselves go - but most are looking pretty good still - so maybe we're not there -- yet!
You however are looking great and kicking ass! I haven't been checking the blogs too much due to my other addiction - see above. But you are, as always, amazing!
Post a Comment