Wednesday, January 07, 2009
13 weeks out!
Well, I have been back at it 100% now for over a week. I am a little over 13 weeks out and I know that the 12 week out mark is critical. I know that I have to dot all my i's and cross all my T's so to speak. I started on auto pilot but now I am starting to get back into the mode. If it was not for this darn shoulder pain I would be doing super. I hope it is nothing permanent. I am trying to push through it but slowly and I cannot do near as heavy as I can or want to for that matter. I was just starting to really notice my shoulders too when I hurt it. I like my diet, a little carb cycling this week and next and then I figure it will change a little. I am ready to do what I need to do since I am looking at 3 shows pretty close together this year. After that, I plan on finding a happy place and staying there for the rest of the year. That means no more than a 10lb gain. I am about 14lbs over what I was last comp. That is a little more than I would like to be but hey, you live and learn. I do have to say, I feel gigantic but I know that I am not, I just feel that way. Sleep has been an issue again. I was fine on vacation, no eye twitching and slept more than my 8 hrs a night. The day I started back to work, the eye twitch came back and I cannot sleep more than 6 hrs a night. I am drinking 2-3 cups of coffee now (only in the am) and 2 months ago I hated coffee. Any suggestions on sleep? Oh and the sleepy Tylenol stuff no longer works unless I am willing to take 1/2 bottle which I am not. I will be taking picks weekly but not posting yet because it is scary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I hope your shoulder heals up fast, don't over stress it or it will set you back more then you would ever like.
for being a bodyduilder 10lbs over comp weight is not alot...how will you put the muscle you need on in the off season? thats the shitty thing about BB is if we want to muscle it comes with some fat in the off season...lol
As far as the sleeping goes, I was having the same problem before but now for some reason I sleep like a log...the only thing I had changed up is adding more cardio and drinking 2 cups of green tea before bed....Widh I had a better answer for ya!
I'm so sorry for your shoulder and your sleep issues. Could the coffee being the culprit for the sleep? It's a double-edge sword -- you need the coffee to get up and go right? But it could be keeping you up at night?
The Coffee might be an issue. Particularly if you're drinking 3 cups in the AM, as you're then getting potentially the body used to Caffiene, but then depriving the body for the rest of the day, which could be stimulating the equivalent of mild withdrawal type symptoms.
You could explore things like supplemental Tryptophan, 5-HTP, and possibly increasing Glutamine intake, particularly at bed, depending on how much you already take.
GOoD LUCK, and bets wishes with everything.
:-) :-).
Matt
WOW, I guess I never thought about the coffee keeping me up. I fall asleep fine. I just cannot stay asleep. I wake up at 3am every morning. It is stress I am pretty sure. I am a stress magnet.
I wake up all the time too but that is just too pee...LOL Hopefully you figure it out so you can get more rest!
Just checking in with you ...I wanted to say hi. Good luck with your next competition? I know you'll do great. I hope your shoulder gets better soon! Take care..
Post a Comment