Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another Snow day!

Well, school was out again today and they just announced that it will be out again tomorrow. I am going stir crazy to say the least. I had to get out today because I needed a few things from the grocery store. I live about 5 miles from the closest store and the roads were terrible. I have not had my car out of the garage since last Thursday. I was wishing that I just stayed home but I am out of chicken and since I pretty much live on that I had to go. I would be fine driving on these roads but it is the other ones that make me so nervous, you know the ones that are overly confident and they tailgate you because you are going so slow. I made it back in one piece but I swear I am about to freak out, cabin fever to say the least. Today has not been a very good day, I woke up feeling kind of yucky and then I tried to do cardio and my sciatic nerve was just killing me. I kept having to slow down. It is weird because that is the first time that has happened, usually cardio really does help it but this time the pain was so bad I thought I would die. I am going to do some yoga today to see if that helps. It is shooting pain down into my cheek (tmi) and hamstring all the way into my knee. I swear this is the worst pain ever, I cannot even sit down! This has been going on for weeks. I went to the doctor and they gave me steroids, I took those for about 3 days and they would help as long as I kept taking them. I just could not take them anymore because they made me feel terrible and very swollen all over. I decided to take a 2 week progress picture this morning and it clearly shows that my whole right side from my hip all the way to my knee is very swollen. I could not believe how much it showed in the picture. I would post it but I am in my undies and that is just tmi for sure. I did get a glimpse of my back in the mirror this morning and could not believe how the muscles were showing. My upper body is really starting to show some definition. It is always the lower body that takes longer. It will get there though and I know that so I am just going to have to be patient. It has only been 16 days so what do I expect?
I guess we will be making up a lot of days come summer. We only have 2 built in snow days and we have already used those and they are saying that a snow storm is coming the end of the week. We may not have school all week.

3 comments:

Sunnie said...

done!

Anonymous said...

The weather around here is getting cold and snowy too, but not too much accumulation, thank goodness. I'm very much a homebody, I don't have to leave the house for days before I feel like I'm losing it. Hope the weathermen are wrong and the weather gets better.
How nice that your back is coming along nicely. That's one thing I look forward to, a nice strong muscular back.

Pamela said...

AkkkkSorry you're stuck in the snow too! .. finally it's melting & raining here YAY! & take care of that leg ..Owwee!