Sunday, July 27, 2008

Where does the time go?

I swear the summer has just flown by and it is almost time for me to go back. I have just about accomplished everything I wanted to get done other than re-painting my formal dining room. The builder did a terrible job and I want to redo it so hopefully I can get that done next week. DH will be on vacation all week as is going to help me. The ceilings are really high and we are having to borrow a taller ladder than the ones we have. I spent the weekend helping my dd clean up brush from her property that the ice storm back in March left behind. The trees were so large there was no way she could do it alone. My dh cut the huge limbs into smaller ones and we spent about 10 hrs cleaning it all up in 100 degree weather. Let's just say, I got a good workout.

Eating has been about 80% but I am fine with that right now. My new comp diet starts on the 3rd. If my supposedly new trainer does not send me my new one by then I will just use the one before, I liked it and it worked. I am thinking I put on some muscle the last month, why you ask? I can just tell, my arms seem bigger and I even have some Quads, hammies have been hiding for years so not sure what I will do to bring them puppies out. I think I will come in weighing more this time around but that will make me happy. Do I think I can win at a big NPC show? Nope but I will have a blast trying and it is the only show in my area that works with my schedule right now. I am wanting to do the NANBF show next June instead of NPC so that is my long term plan but I need something to keep me on track now so NPC in October it will be.

I have a question and it is a dumb one. If you have read my blog for very long you will know that I had to have a hysterectomy at a young age because of well, problems. I will spare you all the details. Anyway, I do not like to do hormone replacement therapy because of the steroids in them and all the side effect. I have found a women who is a nutritionist and owns a health food store in my area. She has been a huge help and told me to try the natural progesterone/Estrogen cream that is all natural. She also told me that since I produce no testosterone on my own I should try the testosterone cream as well. She says it is great for the libido and that it will help preserve muscle. I truly think that is why I have a hard time building muscle. So my question is, have any of you ever tried these? I know they are natural but are they like a steroid? If I pee in a cup at a show is it going to look like I am on steroids? That would totally freak me out. I know when I was reading some of the rules on NANBF it says that even if a doc prescribes it you will fail the test. Well crap this cream is not doc prescribed and why would a doc prescribe steroids to someone in the first place? I feel kind of dumb because I know nothing about all of this and just want to get my hormones straightened out for once. What do you think ? Opinions welcome!

8 comments:

ColeC said...

This summer has flown by for me too! Yikes!

I would say that your day helping was for sure a major workout ;)

Yes, testosterone ups the libdo and muscle, but I highly doubt you can get much from a cream. To me, that sounds like a waste of money and a gimmick for your money. You have to be careful of those so-called "natural" remedies. Yes, some do work, but have you seen all the stuff on those shelves?? Come on!

I'd check with your doctor about anything like that. They do perscibe steriods for people who need it for different reasons. Doesn't hurt to ask ;)

mb said...

I have heard those creams work, but I don't know about all the details connected with hysterectomy. I was just reading about Test.Cream and wondered if that would show up on a drug test.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A doctor CAN prescribe Steroids.

Steroids are Prescription Drugs. The fact some people bodybuild with them, is just an indicator that some people will risk the law for some extra mass.

It is in America illegal to own and buy, in Britain illegal to buy but legal to own.

You should be very aware about anything classed as a hormone. Progesterone, Testosterone etc etc. If you take anything a federation IS sniffy about, you'll almost certainly get a DQ.

However in certain federations, and certain shows where some women with thick Jaws and gritty voices, use stuff like Dianabol potentially, I doubt they'd give a rats ass, about some hormone based Cream.

You ARE capable of building muscle, and the reality is, you can always boost up your levels of BACAA's like Valine, Leucine and Isoleucine, possibly Arginine and maybe Glutamine.

Also some Protein powders have increased levels of things like Glutamine BCAA's and possibly Arginine.

Or take something before bed. So possibly a small amount of Protein shake, or perhaps some BCAA's stacked with 5g Freeform Glutamine, to boost the BCAA actions.

Arginine can also increase GH production, and contribute to NO production. NO is a Vasodilator which is useful potentially for muscle pumps.

It seems from my findings, you only need at most about 6g Arginine a day supplementally with no more than a 3g dose at any one time.

Another thing having checked is, that Peanuts are a rather good source of both Arginine and BCAA's, so a very good hit.

Peanuts of course are quite good for Fats, Carbs, and potentially things like Non-heam Iron, Magnesium, Zinc etc etc.

Arginine is only a possible issue to my knowlege, for people with Shingles, or varients of that virus type.

Bearing in mind such a virus is known as a "Latent Agent", which means a virus present "in vivo", that shows no symptoms or signs, which that one doesn't, as it's usually related to the Chickenpox virus, and C P can linger after symptoms dissipate, but leaving you open to possible Shingles in the future, if you are infected again by someone with C P.

However I would say Arginine shouldn't trigger Shingles, it just shouldn't be taken, if you have Shingles actually showing symptoms.

However if you're gaining, and you know you are, and you are getting a few reps every week, and a few more lb's lifted every month, then don't worry about it.

You might be able to take a natural substance to boost gains a bit, but if it costs you at a Drug tested show, the hard work counts for zilch.

You could also increase the intake of Vitamin C. As Iron is an important player in Erythrocyte levels, and therefore Heamoglobin levels, C will boost it, as will Capsicum.

This might help you with Oxygen replenishment in Muscle, which could better aid post-workout, and between set recovery. Not to mention boost Immune function.

You could if you chose to, take 1g in the morning, and another 1g at night, and if you get any mild issues like some do, apparently Buffered C is a good alternative.

You have options here, and possibly others, but I wouldn't risk Progesterone, as I'm not entirely sure you need to go down that road personally.

I'm sure yoiu'll be fine. Just keep pushing yourself and no worries okay.

GOOD LUCK

:-) :-).

Matt

Stef said...

Yeah....what Matt said! LOL!

=)

Jen said...

I'm sending you an email to not hog your blog ;-)

My doctor recommended a natural progesterone cream for me. I'll fill you in my email.

KatieFeldmom said...

:o)

mb said...

I'm ordering one today! Funny you brought this up. :-)