Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scary stuff

I had to rush my dad to the emergency room yesterday right after I finished working out I got the call. I had to go all sweaty and gross but who cares, it is a good thing I went. They said he was lucky to be alive. We just had a birthday party for him on Sunday, he turned 71. He said he had felt kind of nauseated and weak but thought it was because he had not eaten much. He only weighs 145 lbs and is 5' 10", little guy. Anyway, when we got to the hospital we actually got right in, he had called his doctor that morning and they are the ones that said to get to the hospital right away because he had been passing so much blood. He has not been to a doctor in 2 years because he is so healthy. He eats healthy, he gets lots of exercise and he is strong so this was all strange. The only thing that he really has had problems with is his stomach. I even remember as a kid he had stomach problems. After about an hour wait the nurse comes back to get all of us and they have him in a room and 2 doctors come in and my dad's doctor, to give us all the info. They proceed to tell us how lucky he is because apparently the human body carries 12 units of blood and he had lost 8 units and they could not believe he had been walking around. He kept thinking that it was going to get better but when he woke up yesterday he could not see out of his right eye and apparently his body was starting to shut down. He was walking all sideways when I picked him up at his house. So, they gave him several units of blood through the night last night and will be putting a scope down into his stomach to see what is going on. I am worried sick and trying to get everything ready to go back to school in less than two weeks. My stress level is pretty high right now. I am going to get my workout in and get right up there to check on him. I am sure they will do the test early and I want to be there.

Thanks for all your help on the hormone post. I am currently ordering a hormone test online to see where I am at and then I will go from there. To answer your question Collette, the progesterone cream works great, I love it but as far as the testosterone cream, I am not sure yet. It usually takes about 3 weeks to notice and I have not used it that long yet. I will let you know.

I still have not decided on my next comp as of yet, I am starting my comp diet on Sunday because that will be the 12 wk mark for either one of the shows I am thinking about on October 25. I will keep you posted.

7 comments:

C2 said...

I will be praying for your dad and your family! Keep us posted honey! xoxo

Angela said...

Thinking of you :)

I hope everything is ok...keep us posted, ok?

KatieFeldmom said...

Fingers crossed and prayers said for you dad. 8 units gone?!?!?! How scary.

Anonymous said...

Try not to worry okay. Worrying won't help the situation, and just makes things worse for you.

Whatever happens, you need to be strong, chin up and head high. He wouldn't want you fussing and fretting about him, he'd want his Special Sundie, to be going about as normal, smiling, feeling good, getting a lot out of life, and he'd know you were still thinking of him, and would still see him now and then throughout this setback.

So don't get bogged down with this yeah, just be strong, and keep believing in the imminent moment where they say something like, "you can take this old warhorse home now, he's good for at least another 25 years easy" :-).

I';m thinking of you, and of course I'll be here for you if you need to talk, so chin up, keep smiling, and just let him know with your words and expressions, you're doing fine, and don't let him think or see you're feeling down, because it won't make him feel good, to have you going there looking a bit pained, and anxious, it'll do neither of you a shred of good.

Let him see his brown eyed girl, smiling and positive for him, and telling him you're managing to get day to day stuff done, with your usual aplomb okay.

Best wishes and BIG PAT ON THE BACK.

You'll be fine, and so will he, many men of his age and generation were built to last, so keep store in that, no worries now ya hear!!

:-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

What a very scary day you and your family had. How in the world did your dad lose so much blood and not know it?? I'm sending you big hugs and prayers. Stay strong and have faith. You got him to the hospital in time and now he can get the medical help he needs. He will get through this.

Stef said...

wow! Hope you dad is ok~!

Thinking of you!

Jen said...

same exact thing happened to my dad. he's fine now but it was a close call. just glad you got your dad to the hospital in time.

thinking of you - good luck!