Wow what a week I have had. My dad was able to come home yesterday finally. He was ready to walk out of there but they would not let him, they made him use a wheel chair. I swear 2 days before that they were worried that the strong heart he came in with had somehow decided to have a pause in its rythmn and they were talking pace maker. He was furious! He has a super strong heart and knew that it had to be because of the meds they gave him. It turns out he had contracted hepatits A from a local restuarant that my aunt took him to for his birthday. He had been throwing up buckets of blood from it. I swear how many times have I blogged about not wanting to ever eat out because some people are nasty and do not wash their hands at all! It is disgusting. Once they decided that his heart was fine and they gave him 8 units of blood over a course of several days he was released yesterday. I took him home and he said he did not need a thing so I left and told him to call me if he did. He is only about 5 miles from my house. I called him this morning and he was at Target shopping! I about died. I told him he could have at least rested for a few days. He laughed and said that he was fine. I sure hope so because I think he is jumping back into his regular routine rather fast but he is stubourn like me so what can I do. I am just glad he is at home and happy again.
I started my comp diet today and all is well. I am not gung ho like I was before but I think I will get there once I get used to the dieting again. The chicken really did not grab me much today at all. It is freakin 105 here today so maybe that is why. I don't feel like eating much of anything to tell you the truth. I have been super busy this weekend. Matt thanks for the comp list. I am going to check those out and I will figure out what I intend to do in the next 4 weeks or so.
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Girl so sorry to hear the stuff with your dad, I will pray for you all....
;-)
K
Glad to hear your Dad is back at home (well when he isn't out shopping at Target! HA!).
Sounds like you have a great relationship! :)
xoxo
~ Elizabeth
I had no idea Hep A did that to a person. Wow. Glad he is OK! Much better situation than my dad. He had a bleeding ulcer and had to have part of his stomach and small intestine removed.
Wow that is scary stuff! I'm glad he's doing better. All from eating out!?!??! I knew there was a reason I'm trying to cut that way down.
Post a Comment