I am up this morning way before my time! It is not even 4am and I am feeling a little like Sweet Emotion must feel. My dh snores so it keeps me up sometimes. Some nights nothing, other nights it is just crazy. When he is really tired it seems to be worse. I was in bed and asleep by 8:30 so at least I got around 6.5 hrs if sleep or so. I usually go upstairs and sleep but my own bed is so comfy and I always think, oh it will stop in a minute. I just keep nudging him and telling him to turn over. I am sure he is not getting much rest either. I spent all day yesterday playing soccer with the kids and I am sore today, not bad but still sore. It really gave me the itch to play again but I am going to try and not think about it because I kind of have a plan. I am not liking the fact that I have to wait until June to compete. There is a show that Lori A. is doing in April that I would really like to do if I can swing it. The whole thing boils down to if we are taking a vacation in March or not. I cannot do strict dieting while on vacation, no way! We are planning on a Mexican Riviera vacation and that means chips, salsa and margaritas and lots of it. So, if we go on vacation then I will not compete but if we don't I would really like to do the show. I will not do another NPC show from now on it will only be Natural Federations. I want a level playing field. I have been 100% on my diet and I am lifting heavy, heavy and I really feel like I am putting on some good muscle. I do have to say I feel huge! I am at 126 lbs right now. A few years ago I would have been thrilled to be at that weight because I was 142. That is the highest I have ever been at not been pregnant. It is that scale thing, because I know I have a lot more muscle than I did when I was 142. I wish I could find a pic of me at that weight! I usually stay around 125 so I am trying to drop a little. I just want a good maintence weight to get me through till comp.
My dad went back to the doctor and he will be put on the liver transplant list if he can get through all the hoops you have to jump through to get there. He does not start that until December though. We are instructed to keep a very close eye on him until then. He is in the last stages of liver failure so I hope we even make it to December. I went shopping with my dad on Sat to pick out a sofa. It was funny because growing up he never took me shopping, my mom and I always did that. He was not the type. So that was a first in 45 years to go shopping with my dad. When I got to his house to pick him up he was in a really nice suit. I told him he was making me look bad because he was all dressed up. When we were in the store he told me that all the little old ladies were looking at him probably because he was with a younger girl. LOL! I told him that I was sure they knew he was my dad and not my date.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I hate waking up before your time. I was going to sleepi n this morning until 0630 and I guess because of the storm my printer kept going on and off.
I hope you do the liberty show. that would be so fun.
Sounds like you're doing great, I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up.
(Ha! My email just dinged that you commented on my blog -Hi!)
I love that you can always fall back to BFL.
Good luck to your dad getting on the list.
And I loved the "toot" story during your fitness challenge.
You have a very proud dad, and what a wonderful time that must have been for you. How sweet that he wanted to look good to shop...no wonder the ladies were checking him out...meow ;)
I hope they find a match fast and he hangs on 'till then. Prayers your way.
I love the fact that you are not so crazy about food that you won't let your hair down when on vacation...you are the picture of balance for sure! You know when to buckle down and when to let loose...love it!
Hope you sleep better tonight ;)
Sending hugs & prayers for you & your dad!
I'm sure your Dad will be alright, and you must be strong too for him as well as yourself.
You're doing brilliantly right now with the lifestyle, and you SHOULD be very proud of yourself. I'm really proud of you, and I think you're a fantastic rolemmodel to others, and a fantastic person to be admired and applauded.
Keep up the hard work and WELL DONE. You're AMAZING.
:-) :-).
Matt
Love the fact you spend time with your Pops..... it makes me smile HUGE! :) I'll be praying for him!
xoxo
I hear ya on the sleep thing!
So sorry to hear about your dad's health issues. I am rooting for him!
And don't be so sure about the ladies in the store. When I am out with my dad, they sometimes ask him if I am his date or whatever. My dad has several younger ladies interested in him - he's 73 and they are in their early 50's!
Post a Comment