Well, I am pretty much in the home stretch right now. Last night was our 6th graders graduation and I had to pass out my awards. I always dread it every year because I have to get up in front of all those parents and talk. I am really going to be sad to see them leave because I really have enjoyed them and we have had fun together. I love seeing them all dressed up and they freak out when I walk in all dress up because they are so used to me being in shorts and tennis shoes.
I always get a little teary, just a little because it is so sad that they have to move on. There were lots of kids there that I had had before, with kids of their own I might add, gee I felt a bit older.
Glad that is out of the way though and today is volleyball all day against the teachers and only 2 more days with kids next week and one of them is Field Day so I really only have one more classroom day with the little munchkins. YEAH! I am exhausted
Okay, I thought just for something better to blog about I would post my menu which is pretty much the same thing everyday, except free day. Tell me what you think.
Breakfast everyday is
1/2 C Oatmeal
Whey Protein Shake
Meal 2
1 Cup Cottage Cheese and cut up strawberries or peaches, about 1/2 cup
Meal 3
1Turkey patty, green beans and 1/2 cup brown rice. If I have a small wheat bun with my turkey I do not eat the rice. I do that sometimes
Meal 4
Turkey burger or chicken breast with green beans and 1/2 c brown rice
Meal 5
5oz of Lean Steak
green beans or zuchini grilled
1 small sweet potato
Meal 6
This one is the only one I change often because it is whatever I am in the mood for.
Sometimes a homeade protein bar or
1/2 c cottage cheese or
protein shake or
1 packet of tuna
Tell me what you think of my menu. The only thing I am really getting sick of is green beans!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Your menu sounds great! You're eating lean proteins and good carbs in every meal. I wish I could be as strict as you! I love fruit so much that I have to incorporate them into my meals. I love strawberries too. I usually have an apple in the afternoon to help fill me up.
I think your meals sound perfect Sundie. And we all know how important the diet is. Great job! ;)
That menu is perfect! Seems very well balanced.
What a nice night you had. That is a bitter-sweet experience. Did you say a little something about each kid when you gave them there awards?
Enjoy your last couple of days with them and have fun on the field trip ;)
Menu looks good. I'd kill for some rice right about now though. Me=Jealous.
Anyhoo, only a couple of more days left!!! YAY FOR YOU!!!!!
The menu looks good, though you could make some changes if you want to.
1. Beware the Strawberries. They aren't bad, but you're only getting 1g Carb per Strawberry don't forget, so you fill half a cup, your Carbs levels may only be around 6-7g Peaches a little more.
You could substitute those for something like an apple or a small Banana, so Carbs are around 10g more, but calories only shoot up 40 a day, and that means you're Carbs in that second meal give you more greater energy boost, as with CC, you're looking at around then 27g Carbs, not 16.
Then you could change to low Fat or Fat Free Cottage Cheese, and just substitue some of the lost Fat Calories with things like Almonds, or Low Salt Nuts.
You could remove the Green Beans from meal 3, and add something different like a small Tangerine, which has the same Carbs, and if you're eating enough Turkey, you can afford to sacrifice the Complimentary proteins in the Beans.
Here's another idead for the dinner.
Green Beans have about 7.5g Carbs, Zucchini it appears, only 3.5g roughly, so get rid of the Green Beans, so you're only eating them once a day, and then just add a Grilled Sliced Tomato to the Dinner with the Zucchini, as the Tomato, would be about the same Carbs as the Zucchini. This means
A: You get the same Carbs from the Zucchini and Grilled Tomato Slices combined, as you would with Green Beans.
B: You are then ingesting some Cartenoid, (Lycopene), which as you may have read on my site, fights Free Radicals that damage skin cells, and can increase signs of aging, so you get a way to remove some Green Beans, so you only eat them once like you'd prefer, and add another Fruit and a Cartenoid source to your diet.
With any luck, these minor changes should allow you to maintain calories roughly as is, give you a bit of extra energy for work, and make you look even younger over time :-p :-p.
Simple workable changes.
Let me know what you think :-) :-).
Take care and best wishes.
Matt
P.S. if you wanted a nice change to the Tangerine option, try a piece of Sliced Pineapple, same level of Carbs, and also has Vit C too.
Matt, you are so stinking smart. What great ideas!
Oh, NO bananas though, I absolutely cannot stand them.
Oh, and my cottage cheese is 2%.
No worries on the CC then.
I just re-read what I posted. Regards this bit.
"if you're eating enough Turkey, you can afford to sacrifice the Complimentary proteins in the Beans."
I was trying, (but might have failed), to refer to an increase in Turkey there, so just maybe another 1OZ, about 9g Protein, to
compensate for lost Bean Proteins.
Plus you'll get an extra top up of the Amino Acids the Beans wouldn't have, as Complimentary Proteins E.G. mostly Rice, Peas and Beans, (the exception beign Soybeans, which have all the Aminos in them), don't have a complete Amino profile, they usally lack 1-2 Aminos.
Hopefully that clears things up.
If you hate Bananas, stick with the Apple.
The green Beans with dinner were probably pushing your Protein including Steak to potentially around 50g Protein.
You'd only need roughly 35-40g max per meal anyway.
Here's another Diea for Meal 6.
Get 2 slices of WheatBread, about 26g Carbs, Low Fat Cheese, about 5% Fat, Wedge kind, (High Protein), and will top up Calcium as well.
Then just make Grilled Cheese on Toast, fast and simple snack.
:-) :-).
Oh what I wouldn't give for grilled cheese! Yummy!
To make matters worse, I cannot eat apples, they hurt my stomach and I am allergic to anything with soy.
You say that like there might be a problem with Grilled Cheese??
If you want about the same Carbs as an Apple, you could have, a Nectarine, Half a Mango, or your two slices of Pineapple.
Take care :-) :-).
No,I am just thinking about it grilled with butter! HEHEHEHEH
I couldn't possibly comment :-o
Post a Comment