I feel like I am in maintaining mode these days. My workouts could be so much better but I am just so tired lately that I just don't have it in me. I have had to cut my cardio back to 5 days a week because of my groin muscle. It is killing me by Saturday. I took Saturday and Sunday off to see if it was better. I had my free day on Saturday and I ate way too many cookies that I baked. I ate clean on Sunday but no exercise at all. I did have a great cardio workout this morning and it did not bother me a bit. I don't know what is going. I am feeling somewhat frustrated like I just want to keep doing what I can at least until school is out. I never seem to do very well in the summertime though. I don't know what it is about the summer when I am off work but I just go, go, go and never seem to stop. So with that said I am definatly going to have to come up with a plan this summer. I have been thinking about it. I have 17 days left of school and it cannot end soon enough. The kids are sick of it and the teachers need a break. I am exhausted and this is my busiest time of year. The weekends go by so sticking fast and my husband leaves on Sundays to go out of town so it is just me all week.
Storms are terrible here. I was up at 2:30 watching to make sure there were no tornadoes and it is expected again tonight. Man, what I would give for a good nights sleep and a little sunshine!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
SJ, what I will say first of all is, there is something you can do, to potentially improve upon the results you're getting.
Don't have the weekend off, have one of the days, some other time in the week.
This is how it might work.
Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday Training
Thursday No Training
Firday / Saturday Training
Sunday No Training
or
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday Training
Wednesday No Training
Thursday / Friday Training
Saturday No Training.
Then you always train for a maximum of 3 days straight before taking a break.
If you take 2 days off straight, like a whole weekend-
A: You workout 5 days in a row
B: You may eat clean, but you're not getting any exercise based aerobic burning, of any calories for 2 whole days, which may prompt some storage of Calories anyway.
You body would probably benefit better, from you splitting the rest days, and only resting on one of the weekend days, and then haivng the other day of mid week, with at most 3 days of training on the spin.
Hopefully that makes sense.
Whatever happens you should be very, very propud of yourself. You never fail to impress me, inspire me and amaze me.
Where do you get all those human resources from to train, run 5k races, and play Football, (Soccer), and at the young old age of just 43. You are a seriously amazing individual SJ.
I know there's plenty of people could achieve amazing things, if your Heart desire and passion for this, could be bottled and sold to people who want to do this well, but just can't find enough get up and go.
I will say, why not try the split rest day thing I said, and see if it helps any with recovery, possibly results, and with the pesky Groin muscle.
Anyway, whatever you do, you certainly defy convention I think, and I'm always, always feeling so much pride and happiness for you.
So you keep your chin up, and you keep on being you, and don't worry about physical improvement. You've got what it takes to make yourself look and feel even more fantastic, than you do now.
I'm sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, and lots of luck and best wishes.
I hope you know what you and your achievements mean to others, and what a privilege it is to know a person like you.
Have a fantastic day Super Jane, and I hope your day brings you as many heartwarming moments as you can handle and deserve.
Your very, very proud supporter ALWAYS.
:-) :-).
Matt
I think that's my problem...I need sunshine. I think it is shining today but don't know for sure, I work without windows. My backyard is a swamp. I have not talked to my mom in OK to see how their storms were. I'm ready for summer.
Maybe the reason you're feeling this way is because of the lack of sleep and/or stress. As long as you do SOMETHING I think you'll be fine. Then the day will come that you just start to feel it agian and kick ass like you were doing. I think this is normal...the ups and downs. Just don't give up and keep doing something. You'll be fine and you are doing great.
So glad that your groin was not injured too badly!!!! Great job on taking a couple of days off to rest ... your body needed it and you listened to it!!!!
I have no doubt that you will figure out something for the summer. Whatever you decide, I know that you can do it.
Sending sunshine from California!!!!
That is a good idea Matt! I kept thinking I would not need to take another two days off this weekend because I actually thought my groin muscle was better, then come Friday it started killing me.It is probably on top of all the other things I have been doing as well. I am going to see if it still bothers me this weekend and if it does I am taking your advice. I just have a hard time not doing cardio M-F because it gets me all pumped and ready to face my day at work. It gives me that energy needed to handle all those little boogers all day.
I think Katiefeldmom's sunshine arrived. It finally cleared off about 1:00 and it is beautiful. I hope there are no more storms tonight.
Might help to stay away from Adductor Machines too, if you use them, incase your Groin complains about it ;-) ;-).
Take care.
I wish I had one of those to use! I don't have one and those inner thighs are my problem area. I cannot figure out what I am doing to make it so sore. I cannot even incline my treadmill anymore because that always seemed to trigger it.
Is it possibly something to do with how you train Legs? Like you're techqnique isn't quite right on Squats, or something like that.
I'm stumped.
Post a Comment