
It is amazing that we just get on auto pilot sometimes and do things without even thinking. I figured out the culprit of my nausea. Yesterday after my workout I took my usually little 5g of Glutamine and then had my protein shake and oatmeal. It dawned on me today to actually read the label on my new protein powder and it turns out that it already has 5 g of glutamine in it so I had a double dose and I bet a million bucks (yow right, like Ihave that) that is what caused me to feel sick. But on top of that I woke up this morning with a sore throat and that sinus junk coming back. I swear I have had more sinus trouble in the last few years than I have my entire life.
I still managed to drag myself to work and I actually had a pretty good day if I had not gotten stuck at the train and had to wait 17 minutes to finally get through after work. I hate that train and I know exactly what time I have to get out of the parking lot in order to miss it cause it comes everyday at the same time, 3 x a day. I got stopped by another teacher who wanted to chat for a minuted and I will be gosh darnit if I did not get stuck at the train. It was not all bad cause I was not the daycare van driver behind me with a carload of cranky tired kids for 17 minutes and no where to go, that would so suck big time.
I did step away from the cookie dough and had one hell of a workout this morning and I feel much better. I was mad at dh for even asking me to do it
(make cookies). He felt bad because he knows I can usually pass stuff up really easy but it was freakin cookie dough and besides trail mix that is my very favorite thing! I am plugging along though and had a 100% clean eating day, I did add a tsp of peanut butter to my menu today just for well, good times :0 It was natural okay already! This off season stuff sucks cause you eat and eat and eat and just feel bigger and bigger and it seems to go on forever! I am a cow, so moooooo.
(make cookies). He felt bad because he knows I can usually pass stuff up really easy but it was freakin cookie dough and besides trail mix that is my very favorite thing! I am plugging along though and had a 100% clean eating day, I did add a tsp of peanut butter to my menu today just for well, good times :0 It was natural okay already! This off season stuff sucks cause you eat and eat and eat and just feel bigger and bigger and it seems to go on forever! I am a cow, so moooooo.

8 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you figured out the cause of your nausea! THat sucks, but at least now you know. :) Sorry to hear you're not feeling well...but despite it all you got in a great workout. Good for you! I know the "cow" feeling...I have been "backed up" for 3 days now. You'd think with all the freaking veggies I'm eating I wouldn't have this problem! :)
Maybe that is the reason...you'll find out tomorrow when you only have the mix ;) You may just be getting sick :(
Great job on the eating and getting to work even when you didn't feel good...oh, and for staying away from that bad cookie dough ;)
Hope you don't come down with a sinus infection. They are so bad. Feel better soon. Great job on eating clean today!
I'd like to bet potentially it wasn't.
Glutamien has virtaully zero side effects, and apart from anthing lse, I've heard of people using upto 20g a day, in 2 x 10g doses, or some people, women included using 3x 5g a day, and not getting a problem at all.
So I'd hazrd a guess and say it's actually very unlikely you got your issue from Glutamine. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.
I would sitll think it's something else. If your Protein powder has a lot of Vitamins or Minerals, it could possibly have been a Vitamiosis from excess consumption of things like A,D,E or K, or possibly some competition from minerals, cauysing a mild deficiency in one, or some kind of Mineral overdosing possibly, if that's possible.
Also if you're eating a Powder with more Aminos etc etc, you might find your calorie intake at Berakfast, got potentially increased, causing some kind of calorie excess the body reacted to.
It si slightly possible that Glutamine could have done it, but I just can't see it personally, and as I use it, and have sometimes used irregular doses, because using a tspn, (instead of scoop, like you would with a Protein powder), means not always dosing it the same way, so I could sometimes have 5g, next time 7g, or 4.5g, as tspn dosing is less scientific than scoop dosing.
Glad you're not too bad though. Take care and best wishes :-) :-).
Matt
Oh...there is absolutely no way in the world I can come in the vicinity of anything cookie related and now give in. I will say that cookies are my alltime weakness...I just love me some cookies! So proud of you for resisting!!! Tiff
Wow you are awesome, making cookies and no cookie dough, I couldn't do it!!
I hope you are feeling better! And you do not look like a cow, but I get that cow feeling!!
:) Tina
I'm so glad that you figured out what was causing you to get sick.
I love baking and cooking. I bake once a week for hubby -- this weekend, I'm doing rocky road brownies.
I can't wait to see your tattoo!!! How big is it? What is it? What does hubby have?
Hey there! I just had to stop by and say hello. Looking good, as usual. I guess I need to update soon, it's been over a month. Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment