Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Saturday

Yes Saturday I will be 2 weeks out. It was going along so fast when I had energy and felt really great but now it is at a snails pace since I am wearing down, tired and hungry. I literally have to hold myself up on the treadmill in the evenings. The cravings just have not been there until the last few days. I am having terrible cravings and I do not know why. It is brutal at this point and I knew the last few weeks would be hard but gee. I remember my trainer telling me I will be uncomfortable and hungry at times towards the end. I am not really hungry since she added some more protein but the darn cravings are terrible. It seems that everything reminds me of food. I swear I have moments where I think I am not going to make it without caving. I still look in the mirror on some days and think there is no way I will be ready and I do not have the energy to do anything about it. It is so mental it is scary. I just have to keep telling myself no, not for 2 more weeks. There were times when I thought I had a chance but since it has been so long since I have seen any muscle, I am thinking no way! I am so impatient and I want something other than chicken to eat. I guess this is where you start making that list she was talking about.
I want cake
I want some strawberries and watermelon
I want a protein shake, I miss them probably more than anything else.
I want pecan pancakes
Trail mix of course
I want some key lime pie
Chips and Salsa
I would kill for some peanut M&M's
I want some Captain Crunch of all things.
I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a side of Sun Chips
I want some chicken salad
I want a big fat homeade brownie with whip cream on top so I can get it all over my teeth and smile really big at my hubby :)

There how is that for cravings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cravings......I'm having BAD cravings tonight. I'm a sweet-a-holic, though. And the sad thing is because of these braces I can't even chew gum to help me through it! GAH! Ok, this is when the mental part comes in right?

You ARE going to be ready, you ARE going to SHINE on that stage and you ARE going to love every minute of it! You're doing fantabulous! It's almost here, just a meager 2 weeks away, look how far you've come! Hang in there, we're all rootin' for you!

Donna said...

Hang in there girl! There is light at the end of the tunnel, ha ha. You made me hungry reading your list!

ColeC said...

It's almost over! Your craving because your body is in need of certain things. Stay strong and before you know it you'll be walking across that stage, winning, and then you can feed your body! I remember how Beka was last year...no energy either. Normal stuff because you are making your body do things it's not meant to normally do. You are doing great and should be very proud!

Anonymous said...

Keep doing everything you are doing and WELL DONE :-) :-).

Matt

KatieFeldmom said...

Thinking of you!!!!!!!!

C2 said...

Everyone of you who compete absolutey AMAZE me..... stay the course honey, you don't have long now! :)