Monday, July 16, 2007

Manic Monday

Just another manic Monday around here.
  • Hubby out of town again won't see him until Friday
  • Some funky light came on in my car and I think it might be a $$$$$ sign.
  • They are going to drain all the water from the pool because apparently it was too wet from all the rain and now the sand underneath is cratering into the ground and lets just say there are going to be some serious problems if they don't.
  • Our neighbors who said they would go in half on our fence apparently, now that my husband has done all of the work labor free have decided that their English is not too good.

  • I got some new teeth whitening bleach from my dentist and my teeth are so sensitive it hurts to breath. I do not know which is worse, the not breathing or the pain. I put it in last night and it felt like scrubbing bubbles all in my mouth. Don't they use that in showers?
My day started out better than it ended up being. I made it to the track bright and early and got in 4.5 miles and by the time I was finished I was toast! It felt so darn good. I downloaded a boatload of Led Zepplin tunes so I was jammin. Oh and Katie I figured out what was wrong with my ipod. I needed to update, duh!

My friend came over and we went swimming for a couple of hours, aawwwhhh so refreshing.

The good news is that they are not draining the water until the end of the season so I will be at work anyway so more power to them.

My workout today was lunges/squats/abs of course and it was great and I had a pretty good workout considering all the cardio I had done. I plan to do it again tomorrow. My favorite workout is tomorrow, shoulders and bi/tris and abs of course. I see the most results in my upper body so that is probably why it is my favorite. I am determined to drop a few pounds before going back to work on August 9th.

It is hot, hot, hot here. Way into the 90's but I love it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got confused for a while. I was thinking, how do Swimming Pools become too wet???

People deliberately having their pool half full so the steps don't get wet :-p :-p.

Just incase someone has an undignified slip getting in, and ends up on a home video show.

Keep up the hard work with everything, you are doing brilliantly.

WELL DONE

:-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

P.S. Led Zeppelin. You have excellent taste :-).

P.P.S, is it me, or does that pic of Paula Abdul, make her look like a glue sniffer??

Mind you if I had to constantly put up with Simon Cowell, I might think about sniffing glue ;-) ;-)

Stef said...

Hi Sundie!

I love shoulder day too.....or at least I did when I was actually working out...lol! I will be back at it soon. I did legs today. Baby steps.

BF tested tomorrow....I will let you know.

Have a great day!

=)

ColeC said...

Now your workout today would be my fun workout...not what your doing tomorrow ; )

We had those pits happening in our pool too, but we just left it since we were planning on moving soon and didn't want to bother with it. At least you can wait 'till the end of the season.

Sounds like a fun time you and your friend had. We all should have more of those times.

Sorry about hubby being gone for that long :(

Have a good week anyway

Sunnie said...

Matt, yes she does look like she has been sniffing something but she usually does.
Oh and I may end up on the home video show soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the pool and about Hubby being gone for the week. Glad to hear you are kickin' some booty on the workouts and having fun with a friend in your wonderful pool.

KatieFeldmom said...

Glad you figured out the iPod .... now mine is giving me trouble!!! And so is my car. Ack!!! I hate money.

Laurie said...

Don't even get me started on fences and neighbors. Teeth whiting bleach stuff does the same to my teeth - ouch!!!Great workout!!

Melissa said...

LOL, I just read your last post!! It's so funny you say that b/c I have heard that before. (And I take that as a major compliment, thank you!) I think she's really pretty. I have a friend I met in the military though, and believe me, SHE looks just like Charlotte. The way Charlotte's eyes looked and when she raised her eyebrows- exact same thing.
Anywho...thanks for the compliment chickie! :)

I've never had teeth whitening done (other than Crest Whitestrips) but I've heard about the sensitivity. Owieeeee.

Oh and I know exactly what protein bars you're talking about. I love them. I've actually been wanting to make a batch b/c I never get sick of them. I used to have them every single day- with a nice layer of nat pb on top of course. ;)