Monday, July 09, 2007

Vacations and husbands

First, let me say that I have the best husband in the world, he is just like any other husband though, drives me crazy at times but since he would do anything in the world for me it makes it pretty much tolerable. He has been on vacation since the 3rd and this has not made it easy on my diet. I am so used to having my own routine and having all my meals planned. Since he has been home he has been wanting to cook out a lot and we have eaten way more than we normally do. We have worked so hard trying to get all the dirt work finished around the pool and do some much needed things around the house that I would like to think we "worked" it all off but who knows. I have not missed a "T" workout since I started but I knew when I started it was going to be hard for me in the summer. Most people, including my daughter do better in the summertime, not me, I do better with my eating when I am working and on a normal schedule. I am just weird like that. I have one month exactly to get my butt in gear before school starts. He is going back to work today and I am up early to get my workout in before driving to Tulsa. I bought Nakyla a Nano ipod with the ear buds and arm band so she will have it to work out with. I think she will love it. It is better than mine, mine is older. I am spending the day with her today since she had plans yesterday. I have not had much time for blogging lately but I think things may settle down this week and maybe I will have time to catch up with everyone.
The water in the pool is already 88 degrees so I may just stay in it the rest of the summer and forget about everything else. It is so relaxing, I feel like mush when I finally get out. I spent several hours in it Saturday and Sunday.

5 comments:

ColeC said...

Wow! I have misse A LOT! First, your arms look outstanding!! You look so much like Pat Benatar...way cute!

Happy birthday to your baby girl. Such cute pictures. How fast time goes by :(

Laughing about the hubby thing. I have been in the same situation!! Fun times but my eating and routine have been horrible! I just look at it as one week of pure fun. Let my hair down and enjoy every bite I take and starting today it's back to the basics ; ) I don't think one week will do much harm.

Anonymous said...

You're not the first person to clam they have the best husband in the world ;-) ;-).

Though I will never be able to claim what that is like, as I'll never know, so I bow down to your greater experience on such a matter :-p :-p.

The main thing is, you are doing fantastically with everything, and like I said on my blog, no worries about e-mails etc etc. In a situation like this, you come first with me, and always will.

Have a brilliant day SJ and best wishes.

You are AMAZING!!!!!

:-) :-).

Matt

KatieFeldmom said...

Those hubbies can be such a nuisance, but in all honesty, we wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I love 88° degree pools. Anything over 85° is the best!!!

Lori said...

Matt siad you are not the firs tperson to claim they have the best husband in the world...it wasn't me. :) I never claimed that, you are LUCKY girl.

Glad you enjoy your pool. I 'm so jealous.

Laurie said...

My hubby was home from the 4th until Monday and I know what you're talking about. Just weekends are harder because it's not the routine. I would not say that most people do better in the summer, I don't. There's too many distractions and yummy things to eat.