
If you have read my blog for a while you will probably already know that I am the only girl and have three brothers. It has been a tough way to grow up but it has made me stronger in a lot of ways. I would love to have a sister to share certain things with and to talk to about certain things but my mom and I are very close so I am fine with it. My youngest brother came to live with my husband and I when he was 12 and lived with us until he was 18. My parents divorced and my mom moved to Iowa for a few years. So basically my husband and I raised my little brother who is now 34. He is engaged to a girl he has dated since he was 16. We vacation with the two of them almost every year because we all have so much fun together. My middle brother is the quiet one. He is an avid bicycler and spends much of his time doing that. Him and my older brother who I am about to tell you about have a business together. Oh yes, my oldest brother, we fought like cats and dogs and I have decided that it is because we are so much alike. I always think of him as being a lot smarter than me. He was an all American wrestler and a star football player and a straight A student all through school. I was always "M" little sister. That is how I grew up. He was very popular but spent all his time studying or practicing athletics. Well he is the one that got me hooked on weightlifting. Him and all his buddies would work out in our garage almost every night. I thought it was so cool and I began to learn more and more about it. He would have me deadlift in front of his friends because he would tell me them I was the strongest girl he ever seen. During college he starting competing in Powerlifting and did very well. He has the trophies to prove it. He has never stopped powerlifting and he is now 46. He is still planning on competing again and can still lift like he did when he was 20. I went to ever competition that I could and I absolutely loved the atmosphere of all the strong people and how hard they worked. It was just incredible. He begged me to compete in power lifting constantly. I never could get up the nerve to do it though. I always thought that would mean that I could not really be feminine and power lift. Boy, was I young and stupid. I regret it to this day. There is no way that I could ever lift like I did then because of my back injury so that brings me to what I have been trying to decide for a few months now. I do not want to be 20 years older and have any regrets about the things I did not do. Today, my oldest brother tells me that he is going on a date tomorrow with a girl that he met yesterday and that if I ever meet her I have to go along with his story because it was the only way that he could talk to her. He said she looks like a bodybuilder and he told her that I (his sister) competes. He so lied just to get a date. When I told him he should not have done that he says, "well you are going to, right?) so now I guess my mom has told the whole family of my plans. He says he will be on the front row but I was going to have to find someone to apply my tan, ha ha, We spent the rest of the day comparing biceps, his is huge!
I have found a guy that owns a hardcore gym here in the city that will train me and do all my nutritional, supplement stuff as well. I just have to figure out when now. I am thinking probably March 08. Boy,do I have my work cut out for me.

5 comments:
YAY
YAY
YAY
YAY
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooooo excited!
=)
ps...just don't blow off the Arnold Classic!
xo
That sounds wonderful. I can't wait to follow your progress and watch your dream come true!
If this is something you truly want, then go for it! You will do wonderful and you will win. However, if this is something you are going to attempt because of your brother, then it may not work out. You have to WANT it...Taste it. I know you can do it, no doubt about that ;)
If you don't want to do this, you can always say you have changed your mind. Also, why in the world is your other brother dating that girl for so many years and they are not married yet?? Which one is affraid of commitment ;)
Basically don't go along with the lie.
Your brother hwas no right to expect you to lie for him, it's his fault he uses any kind of deceit to win a womans affections.
If he was more honest it would work out better probably. If he has doen it now, he might do it to her again, and the longer they're together the chance if he does, she'll be hurt worse.
I know you are competing for yoursef, and nobody els,e but it isn't a cut and dried thing, as fate may intervene, and hopefully i doesn't and if you say you do, she might ask what shows you did, and you'll be lying even more, because wanting to isn't the same as doing it, not until you've done at last 1 show, and committed to another.
So just be yourself, GOOD LUCK, you know my support will be there for you as much as it can be, and whatever additional help my site cna be to you, at any time, you're already a member so give me and my crew a holla anytime.
Keep up the hard work, I really am very proud of you, and I'm with you all the way yeah :-).
Yuo are amazing, and you'll do brilliantly, but still advocate don't be caught up in your brothers doings, you'll just complicate your own life.
:-) :-).
Matt
Thanks for sharing your story. Funny about your older brother and now you have to compete. Love That you found someone to work with you that's great!
Post a Comment