Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Forest Gump?


This is going to be a quickie. I am off to play soccer tonight with my brand new team and I am excited. My calf muscle is still hurting but really is much better. I am going to add some salt or salt tablets (thanks Matt) at least for a bit. I have had the best workouts this week regardless of those aching calf muscles. I have pushed myself harder each day and I am feeling it. This morning I could not even raise my arms to fix my hair and I worked bi/tris yesterday. I did chest this morning and I got in an awesome back workout on Monday. I have been running so I will be ready a week from this Saturday for my 5k. I know I will be ready cause I am wierd when it comes to running I am like Forest Gump, once I get in the groove I can go for hours. It is kind of freaky. I have never considered myself a runner at all. I was in track for a few years in High School but nothing to brag about. I really just liked the sweat suits you got when you were on the team, oh and getting out of school too of course.

6 comments:

ColeC said...

I was wondering about the salt thing. If you just eat one can of tuna and 1/2c cottage cheese, you're getting close to the recommended amount of sodium, and there is some in chicken and even naturally in vegies. Just wondering.

You sound like you are kicking butt with the workouts...great!!

Anonymous said...

That bottle of wine cracked me up!
Hope you have a wonderful game and that your calves feel better!

Anonymous said...

You'll be great SJ, you are a great team player, and as for the running, just go for it misses. You will be fine.

I'm right behind you and I will definitely, be letting you know my thoughts close to the day.

Keep up the hard work. You are a truly amazing woman, and you always have my deepest admiration.

:-) :-).

Matt

KatieFeldmom said...

Have a great time!!!

Stef said...

Hi SJ.....Have fun playing soccer!

=)

Laurie said...

I need to get into that Forest Gump mode, at least to run for an hour maybe two.