Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fall break! Finally

I am in desperate need of a break. I feel like I have not stopped since school started. Today was the first day in months that I really felt like cheating. It was poor planning though. I only had to work until noon so I had breakfast before leaving the house and I took one other meal, cottage cheese and strawberries. I grabbed a protein shake just in case and it is a good thing I did. I forgot that I had a girlie doc appt today so I had to rush to the other side of town. I drank the shake around 2:30 because I was starving and then I ran by the mall to get me some new running shoes and so I was having to smell all this food and I was starving. More on the shoes in a minute. I am finally home and dinner is in the oven. I am freakin starving and it is all I can do not to grab a snack. I will not do that again.
Last year I broke down and spent $130 on a pair of Asic Gel running shoes. That is the best shoe that I have ever owned and let me just say I probably have at least 30 pair of just tennis shoes cause I have like this shoe fetish thing. Anyway, I wore the suckers out and I figured it was time again since my 5k is Saturday. I am really worried though because my energy level is low this week. I plan on adding extra carbs tomorrow and Friday. I love my new shoes and they are worth every penny. They are so light you do not even know they are on your feet.
Thank you all for the nice comments. I have such a great group of blends and I do not know if I would do so well without all of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd be just fine. You have a really strong mentality.

Though you do, give so much to us all. Through your words and your deeds. You are such an inspiring woman, and you prove age is no barrier to success, and heck, you WILL make that stage next year, and you will look FANTASTIC.

So you keep your chin up, keep pushing forwards, head high and no worries. I have 1,000% belief in you, and a lot of pride in you, and I will do as much as I think I cna, ot support your efforts, and give you that little extra that I think you deserve.

You give so much back just being you, so it's the least I can do.

Have a brilliant day. You asre doing amazingly well.

:-) :-)

Matt

Stef said...

Hi SJ!!!!!!

=)
=)

ColeC said...

Wow, you get fall break early. How much time do you get off for Thanksgiving??

Good luck on the 5k..I know you'll do great! However, you need to feed your body a good amount of good carbs to make sure your body runs perfect.

Enjoy your break ;)