Thursday, February 07, 2008

Is it the weekend yet?

This has been the longest week for me. It seemed to be going pretty fast at first but since the kids have not been able to get outside for recess they are about to climb the walls and have me join them. I will be so glad for Spring to be here. I still have not decided about vacation either, just way too much going on right now. I am jealous Laurie that you have yours all set and ready for May.

I got an email today that looked really promising about a job move. I have been wanting and needing a change for the last couple of years so I have been looking to switch schools, grade, anything for that matter. The email was from the principle of the new High School they are building in my school district. It is huge! They are hiring 4 PE teachers and I had put in for one and an assistant coaching position (soccer) as well. I swore I would never coach but now I am thinking, "never say never" right? Anyway, I am excited because he guaranteed me an interview and soon. He wants a resume right away and I am a little freaked out about that since it has been like 10 years since I even did one. So I have to figure that out. The interview is scary enough for me cause it has been just as long. The school I am at was my first interview ever with a school district cause I was right out of college. My principle told me the other day that I was the best PE teacher she had ever seen because I actually teach the kids something and of course she understood me putting in for another job and she would recommend me highly.

Classes start June 1st for my Masters program, yes I just thought I would take the plunge and change everything in my life all in one big swoop. I don't know if I mentioned it but I put my snow cone stand up for sale and have had lots of interested people. There is a guy who wants it and he is wanting to sign papers on Saturday. If this all works out we will have it sold and my summers will be free again, Yippee! another reason to go back to school. I will have nothing better to do. I am going for a Masters in Counseling and it will be for Secondary. I will just be excited to work with students that do not require their shoes to be tied by me and although I love all of their hugs and I know they all need their own amount of attention, I am tired of being sick. I swear they are little germ factories, always sneezing and coughing and I swear there are so many parents that do not teach their kids manners or common courtesies any longer. It is so sad. I just feel like a babysitter half the time and I do not get to teach anymore. There are too many discipline problems and it is time to move on.
So this could be a hard road ahead with school starting on June 1st and my comp being on the 14th but I can deal with the two weeks but I know I am going to be so foggy and tired at that point.

Workouts are great and eating is 100%. I am getting geared up to go meet Steph, Martha, Angela and April in just 3 weeks and it gives me something to look forward to as well. I love that feeling. Oh and my tatoo appointment is at 6pm tomorrow and I am excited but scared. I will post this weekend and show all of you. I think you will be shocked! (sorry if I misspelled words, I am tired, it has been a long day and the freaking spell check is not working, go figure)

8 comments:

Stef said...

Hey SJ! sounds like you have a lot going on! Whew!

I can't wait to finally meet you in person!!!!! 3 weeks!

=)

Laurie said...

I was already climbing the walls with a now 3 year old trapped in the house I needed the beach.

A sno-cone stand?!?! You never cease to amaze me.

Wow, sort of jealous you're getting your Masters. I have a BSW and knew I needed the Masters to make any money, instead I did a 9 month nighttime paralegal course and I have sworn I will never go to school again!

Good luck in the job change - you'd be an AWESOME coach!

No movies?!?! ever?

Tiffanie Hage said...

Ah.....I so wish I was going to the Arnold with you guys!!! You are going to have so much fun!!!

KatieFeldmom said...

OK, I bow down to you and your Masters. I think that is so amazing and I am in awe of those who do it.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK. You are going to be amazing.

Follow your Head and your Heart okay. You deserve this, you have a fantastic impact on people, and nothing should get in the way of that, and nothing should prevent you getting this.

You deserve this, and I'm sure you will get it.

Best wishes, and keep working hard for your comp. You are doing brilliantly, and you look sensational.

:-) :-).

Matt

Barbara said...

Wish I could go and meet everyone as well. Congrats on the possible job change..finding job satisfaction is so difficult these days. Good luck to you.

:)

Have a great weekend!

B

ColeC said...

I can't wait to see what you had tattooed and where. Today is the day!!

I sure hope that job opp turns out for you. Sounds great. Change is a good thing ;)

Hayley said...

I'm really excited for you with all the upcoming changes. I think 2008 is going to be a fantastic year for you. :) On top of that I am SO envious you're getting to meet Stef and the others at the Arnold. Boy do I wish I was going now!!