Lets just say I cannot party like I used to and I will be the first one to admit that. Tonight was our principles party at a local restaurant/bar and it was soooo wild. I mean teachers really should get out more. I had already scoped out the menu before I went so I could see if they had something I could eat. I ended up eating the tilapia with nothing else because the veggies were swimming in butter. I did not send it back because there were so many people and it was crowded and they only gave us 3 watresses for about 40 of us. So I only had protein but oh well that is better than butter. They were all talking about me and how wonderful I looked and they all want to go to my show so they can cheer me on. I thought that was so sweet but I did not plan on inviting anyone because I am scared to death but I was thinking that might make me feel bettter knowing they are all out there cheering me on. What do you think? Martha, I remember your last show was rough because you did not know anyone. Would this help or hinder? I am truly scared of the stage.
It was funny because when they were passing around the cake (omg! it looked devine) someone accidently put a piece in front of me and I picked it up to ask who it belonged to and the entire room became dead silent! I was so embarrased because all eyes were on me and you could hear a pin drop. I slumped down in my chair and they all started laughing. Do you know why it was dead silent? They were all looking at me thinking "Is Sundie going to eat that cake?" They all know me too well. Anytime we have any junk food, which is all the time, I never eat it and they tell me that they are amazed by me and how disciplined I am. That made me feel so good and inside I was thinking I know I am going to do this. I really am a disciplined person, more than I give myself credit for.
I am truly starting to love my body and I have never ever been able to say that. I could actually cry sometimes when I think about it. I am going to feel so good in the morning because I did not drink and eat all that crap food. I will be enjoying my weekend while they are all under the covers all weekend with headaches.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
wow...good for you! I can hear the pride in your voice...you go girl! you are going to do so awesome!!!
I won't do it again unless I know I have ONE person in my corner, in the room. I think you need it, at least at first. Maybe after awhile it would be ok. I wasn't feeling very confident that time either, so that didn't help.
xoxo PS Funny about the cake! PSS Se you in 6 days!
That's awesome. You should invite people to your show. Actually I would like my family there but not sure if they will go. I printed out a poster and my beginning pic and my recent pic and mailed it to them yesterday. We'll see if htey wanna go.
I think that is would be great having some of them with you. They have seen first hand all the will power and hard work you gave. They will cheer for you like no one else (besides family of course). Take them for the whole ride, and who knows, maybe being there will inspire one of them to try it out too ;)
I say let people go and watch. Other people will why not you.
The main thing is you're competing to show people what you can do. If the room has mroe people in it who know that already, then there's less people to have to make an impression on.
Those people who know what you're like, won't think any less of you if the outcome is less than you hoped for.
All you need to do, is not think abotu who's out there, or who it is you're going to be competing agaisnt, it's about you focusing on yourself, knowing the others are human, and not allowing yourself to feel less than you do.
Plus if you know who's competing, you might be able to get some insdie track beforehand. They might keep blogs or go on certain sites, so you could perouse, or discreetly observe them, to get some kind of feel about who they might be, and how good they might be.
Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe even build a secret dossier. Well maybe that's taking things a bit into the realms of Tom Clancy, or one of those people.
Don't worry about things, you'll be FINE :-) :-).
GOOD LUCK
Matt
I think you should have a cheering section!!!
=)
I am SO happy for you with how good you feel about yourself and good for you for passing up on the cake! It's definitely not easy to do when so many others are eating it, but at least they all know you well enough to understand. :) I agree that one of the BEST feelings is waking up in the morning and knowing you didn't give in to temptation!
Oh...I agree are you kidding...HUGE cheering section...because you are going to own that stage, you might as well own the crowd too!!! I am so happy that you are feeling proud, you have a lot to be proud about!!
Invite them if you think YOU would like them to be there for you hon!
I'd be there if I lived close!!! I think a cheering section would be awesome and would only make the experience better.
Too funny...
I get the same from my friends when we go out although lately I have been bad:(
A cheap date though for sure:P
B
I'd be there in a heartbeat! You need that cheering section -what you've done and continue to do is worth every bit of attention and admiration.
Love the cake story - you are so strong and I find when my friends comment about how good I am being it only makes me stronger because I don't want to prove them wrong.
Post a Comment