Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Interview was today!

I got so excited after my interview that I nearly peed my pants. On my resume listed under hobbies my mom talked me in to putting that I was training for a BB competition in June so I did it. Well, turns out not only do they need a 5 new PE teachers but a weightlifting coach as well. I was all over that. That is like my dream job. I would be teaching 9-12 grade weight training! Wouldn't you pee your pants too! I can hardly sit still. The interview only lasted 15 minutes and most of that we just talked about the new school. This school is unreal, I mean it has state of the art everything. There will be 1800 kids going there. That is a lot of kids. The guy was so upbeat and outgoing, easy to talk to. He is like 7' tall, weighs probably 300lbs, I mean huge but the nicest man I had ever met. Turns out him and my principle now have been friends for years. She emailed him just before my interview to tell him I was one of kind and would great for the job. She is very sad that I may leave and in some ways I am too but I feel so good about this and I think I have to be in at least the top 10! There was a girl leaving that is an Elementary PE teacher in the district. I guess she was interviewing for the same job and I swear she is like 50lbs overweight. What kind of a message would that send to kids to have a Pe teacher like that, I am just sayin? When he brought up the part about the weightlifting coach I almost fell out of my seat and he said well it looks like you would be good for that since you are in training. I went on the tell him how I thought it was good that they have that for girls in HS because they need to be taught the correct way to do weight training and realize the benefits they can get from it. I am telling you that is my calling right there! I am stoked but he did say that he had some more interviews to do and he would let me know something before Spring Break. That is only a month away, how will I ever wait that long? UGHHH spell check is not working so this post could be bad I am typing so fast!

13 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Yippee!!!!!!!
Fingers still crossed -- one more month? I can do it for one more month.

Anonymous said...

If you have spell check issues, just C and P it into something like MS Word or Works, and do it there, no biggie.

I really hope you get this, and yes you'd be perfect at teaching young females, not to listen to crap about weights making you manly, gross, man repellant, grow unwanted hair, Lesbians with beards, (that still boggles me almost senseless about 5 years after I read it), and all that other rubbish, people proliferate, and many females believe.

You are nothing like any of the poorly overhyped sterotypes about women who lift. You're everything good about the things it does for women, and you would be perfect at showing people how being beautiful and being strong, can be a fantastic physical marriage, as that's 100% what you are.

So I really hope you get this, but about the other thing, yes you're right, being overweight isn't a good look for teaching kids exercise, well not unless you're a woman in a communist soviet country, where it might be deemd suitable, and might add a bit of menace to the persons methods, so children will want to exercise 10 hours a day, and become olympic superstars, or face the consequences :-o.

Maybe the buxom look works well in countries where fun might be touted as for losers, (if that look for that job, is socially accepted there), but I think in most countries, exercise tutors being in some sort of reasonable condition, isn't too much to expect I wouldn't have thought :-s :-s.

GOOD LUCK. You deserve this. Apparently if I remember rightly, your state is one of the highest, if not something like top 5 for bulbous residents, so if you can do anything to make that figure go down even by 2%, in the next 10 years, you never know, you might be made the state senators top sports advisor or something, and get a $150,000 a year salary, or some such luxury perks.

Hay by then you might even be the most popular sports person in the state, when you've won about 10-15 bodybuilding titles :-p :-p.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Sunnie said...

Matt~ you are a man of so few words!
Oklahoma is 8th on the list for obesity. Yep, sad. I would not work for the state Senators we have here no matter how much they paid me.

Tiffanie Hage said...

Oh...you are soooo going to get this job! That is awesome!

Lori said...

OMG, how exciting is that? You are perfect for that job. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

ColeC said...

I am so happy for you!!! You so deserve this and you will do wonderful. Wow, your mom was so right (see, no matter how old we get, moms still know best).

Go celebrate woman!!

Tina said...

Wow this is just so awesome, I am so excited for you!! You will be such an awesome role model for girls this age, I think every teenage girl should be eating and lifting, most don't do either, and think they are fat!! Oh I have goose bumps reading this!!! SO AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

OH,MY.GOD. I AM SO FREAKIN' HAPPY FOR YOU, I COULD PEE MY PANTS!!!!!

Oh, my fingers are gonna be crossed until Spring Break! Now, how do I eat and workout with them crossed?

Pamela said...

Yay YOU! You are sooo right for this~! :)

Barbara said...

Fingers and Toes crossed for you!!!!!How exciting ....


:)

Happy V-Day!

April said...

My fingers are crossed too! Sounds like it went well so that's a plus! Plus you are HOT!

Hayley said...

Sounds as though it went REALLY well!!!! I am so excited for you! :) I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Laurie said...

Wow!!! A lot's happened since I last checked in!!! I would totally be peeing my pants too. I want that job. How cool would it be to get girls excited about weighting weights!?!? I hope you get it, my fingers are crossed.