If you are
weird like me you will think this is neat. I am starting to get veins in my lower abs and in the front of my legs just below my hip bones and down. I hope this means my body fat is dropping and I think it is. I have always measured it with a handheld
omron which is just a "go by" but at least it gave me something to go by but I loaned it to a friend and when I got it back I cannot get it to work, it keeps giving me
weird readings like 7% and then 12%. I am guessing that I am probably around 16-17% but who knows. I can tell my body is changing daily. I have been doing a leg workout from hell. It consist of only one set of 8,6,and 4 reps but super heavy leg presses and I do it everyday but one. Then every other day I add squats and
dead lifts, one set, super heavy but not maxed out. I can already tell after one week that my quads are getting a line down them which I did not have before. So, little by little I am growing but I really felt HUGE today for some reason.

Hubby and I spent the morning at the Science
Museum, they just started this cool Human Body exhibit where you can go in and see all of the body systems in real cadavers. It was so cool to see all the muscles and veins and bones. I had to learn all of that in college and I was amazed at how much I remembered. It did show a lung that was cancerous and it was so disgusting to see how black your heart and lungs are when you smoke. I cannot help but think we all have some
discoloration just from the environment and the crap we breath. But it was so neat to see just how amazing the human body is. They did not allow cameras but apparently people have used their cell phone cameras before because I found the pictures all over the internet. I thought it was a little expensive at $23 a tcket but I really enjoyed myself.
5 comments:
Yes, but think of how much money you'd have to spend, in order to make your Lungs become that horrible, and you wouldn't be able to see the long - term damage, until years later on a 2d X-ray no doubt, so you'd still have to pay the $23, to properly see how screwed up your Lungs were.
Trust me, paying a little over the odds to see someone elses crappy Lungs, is a small price to pay, than doing that to yourself is.
Yes Veins are almost certainly a sign of low bf%. I quite often get sticky out ones when I work Arms. Usually in the Forearms.
In fact on one or two occasions, I got jokingly accused of doing A.A.S, which I wouldn't ever use anyway, and another time I got asked if I shot up at weekends, I was just defiant about that as well :-p.
All in good fun.
Keep up the hard work, you should be so proud of yourself.
:-) :-).
Matt
I like weird stuff, too. I saw the Body Worlds a couple of years ago. The pregnant lady was most amazing to me.
I went last year and I thought the most interesting was the fat in and among the organs for the overweight - was really enlightening.
I LOVE VEINS!!! I noticed more in my arms today at the gym. Cant wait to see them in my abs. I still have too much fat there.
I want to take the family to see the Bodies Exhibition. They have the same thing here in Columbus. I think they have them all over the US.
I am just thinking....if I measured at 17.2, girl you are probably in the LOW TEENS for BF. Too bad you can't get it tested by a pro.....
Happy Sunday, Sundie!!! =)
Post a Comment