Friday, November 02, 2007

So excited!



I know that most people would not get this excited about such a thing but you have to understand that it has been 10 months and 2days since my back surgery. My back has been feeling really great and so I thought it was about time to try deadlifting again and doing some heavy squats. I figure if I am going to add some muscle I better get down to some serious lifting. It has mostly been a mental thing with me because i just imagine that disc popping out which I know that it will not but I get nervous. Anyway, I decided that today was the day. I finally did it without pain and I did heavy squats, not as heavy as I would like but it is a start. I want to ease myself back into it. I did 4 sets of 10 deadlifts using 105 lbs. I did not feel any pain at all in my back so I just keep going. I did heavy squats too. I cannot remember the exact weight on those but it felt good. I worked legs and nothing else this morning. I bet I will not even be able to walk tomorrow but I do not even care. I am taking a cheat meal tomorrow because I am feeling a little hungry this week even though I have upped my calories. I am either going to be as big as a barn or as strong as an ox, we will see. I am weighing tomorrow as well. This is the first weigh in since I cut back the cardio and added a bit more calories, scary times I tell ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your excitement, and I understand why you feel like this.

I share your thoughts about diet, and appreciate your need to improve more.

If you're concerned about bulking with a bit of Fat, you could slightly increase Protein, cut Carbs, by the same amount, and therefore maintain the cals, but the Carb cut might stimulate more Fat to energy conversion, keeping your bulking more clean.

Just a thought.

I will say, as always I am really proud to be following your journey, I really do think your prospects are excellent, and I know you're going to make a great job of getting ready for this.

GOOD LUCK, WELL DONE and BIG PAT ON THE BACK, for all you have and continue to do.

You know you rock big time :-p :-p.

Have a fantastic day Super Jane.

:-) :-).

Matt

Stef said...

WooHooooooo! You will feel it on Saturday! I did legs yesterday and I totally feel it today! I did some single leg hack squats with HEAVY weight and my GLUTES are on FIAH!!! Gotta love leg day!

=)