Saturday, October 14, 2006

Day 59 & 60

Day 59: I woke up at 4:30 this morning and could not go back to sleep. I just said, screw it and I got up and checked email and messed around on the computer a bit and then did my upper body workout. I did not feel like I hit those tens today, just felt like I was going through the motions. I hate that. It seems like such an unproductive workout when that happens. Anyway, I managed to make it through the day taking my dance team to perform. We had a blast, the kids loved it and they got to hang out with the UCO college kids and they thought that was too cool. I got to see some of my old professors and stuff so it was pretty cool other than riding a bus with that many kids. I had the worst headache because they were so loud and the bus was so bumpy. I am such a wimp. I have a new respect for school bus drivers though. I dont know how they do it.

Day 60: Today was my 5k run. I did it in 32 minutes which is not too bad. I ran along side one of our teachers who is just 23 and very lean. We had a great pace going an we never stopped. I know she could have gotten a better time but she stayed with me the entire time. She said she did not care about her time that she was there to have fun anyway. We did have fun. This was my second race and I love it even though I do not consider myself a runner at all. It is just a challenge for me.
I have to say, my body is making changes. I have really noticed it this week. I have not checked measurements but I have dropped another pound. I am down to 127 and when I started I was 132 so it is slowly coming off I just hope it is not muscle. I made some serious changes in my diet this week and it really paid off. I am looking forward to next week which will be the beginning of week 10. I am anxious to see what my bf% is. If I can ever get below 20% I will be thrilled. I was at 26.4 when I started and last week I was at 22%. I know that is not completely accurate but at least I know I am dropping BF. I use navy site and my Omron. I dont have to even have to do measurements because I can just see the changes and my clothes are really baggy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would think that your bodyfat was much lower, based on your pictures. I just don't see where you are storing any fat at all....

So what kinds of changes did you make to your diet?

Sunnie said...

Eileen, I started drinking a high protein shake within 30 minutes post workout for breakfast instead of a protein bar(I knew I should be drinking a high protein shake all along, it was just easier to grab a bar and eat while driving to work) I stopped eating the protein bar I was eating and traded it in for a better one that I cut in 1/2 and still get my % of Carbs, P and Fat. The 1/2 bar is around 175 calories and it fills me up until my next meal and has more protein in 1/2 the bar than the other one did in the entire bar. I eat that for my 2nd meal now since I only have 5 minutes between class. I make sure and drink only 1 protein shake a day and 1/2 protein bar.
I make my shake the night before and I drink it while getting ready for work. I also completly cut out the diet Dr.pepper that I was drinking at lunch and my energy improved tenfold. My last meal I stopped eating a piece of fruit with my cottage cheese and just ate the cottage cheese, maybe a 1/2 cup. The first few weeks of this challenge I would make sweet potato slices baked with olive oil for diner and I completly cut that out. I now have a 1/2 cuo brown rice for my carb at dinner or a small baked sweet potato plain. I have watched my portions very close, I have a strange feeling that my portions where too big. These are small changes but after reading the Hussman site I knew I was not eating as well as I should be and I needed to up my protein.I am getting most of my carbs from fresh veggies and a little brown rice and sweet potatoes because I love them.I am still a little confused on the amount of calories I should be consuming but hey I have noticed big changes this week so it must be working.

Sunnie said...

Oh and one more thing, for my protein I have eaten, turkey, chicken or salmon and made sure my portions where right!

Sunnie said...

I have done both of those before but working out in the morning puts me in a bit of a rush so I have started drinking the shake. I know that would be better I just run out of time in the morings and I refuse to get up any earlier than I am already.