Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ahhhh! Much better


What a great weekend. We had a great time at the competition in Tulsa. Things have changed a lot since I have been to one. My daughter was so motivated by the whole thing that I am so glad that I took her. She always liked that kind of thing when she lived at home but once she went away to college things just changed for her. I think she will get it together now. I could not cheat one bit yesterday because she is doing so well so we packed our coolers and did a little shopping before going. I have had a couple of bites of things today and a few peanut M&M's. We are grilling tenderloin tonight and I plan on having some of that tonight as well. I am so sore, every time I think I cannot possible be sore in one place, I am. His workouts, on paper look pretty easy but let me tell you they will kick your butt and you will feel it every time. Thanks for all your comments about my hungry post. You guys are right, until I am ready, if I ever am, to compete I do not need to be so strict. I think one day a week I should be able to have a little something. If I think it is hindering my progress at all I will stop, it is as simple as that. The picture is of my daughter and I at the competition.

The girl in this picture name is Elizabeth Young, she can no longer compete in novice since she won her division. She is incredible, she will go far. She is very muscled and fit looking, not super skinny though.
The second picture is a lady named Shell Mayo, if I am not mistaken and she is 44 and has had 6 kids, yes 6. She obviously has very good genes, tall and long waisted but she has to work hard to keep that body, I am sure. She looked incredible and did very well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm being a bit of a dumbo here.

I saw the first pic, thought one athlete was using dumbbells on stage, didn't understand why, then wondered how the other athlete had been allowed to compete in a dress.

Man that's dumb, especially when I zoomed that pic, and saw the dumbbells were actually trophies.

You and your daughter look like a perfect mother / daughter pairing.

You can really see the positive vibes off both of you, like you really have great blood ties, if you get my drift.

You look amazing, so well done you for being so dilligent and hardworking on all your physical tasks.

Remember, that whatever methods you use to try and achieve the kind of body you want, if you don't give 100% you don't get 100%, so you should be very proud of yourself, and don't take less credit than you deserve yeah.

You are doing brilliantly, and you know what I think of you, but then how could I change my view, when you constantly amaze and inspire.

WELL DONE SJ, you look so vibrant, youthful, and absolutely glowing.

:-) :-)

Matt

Lori said...

I wish we could have gone to the show. I absolutely love them, they are so motivating.

Stef said...

So glad you had a great time! I loved seeing the prejudging for The Arnold Classic and also Beka's show....very motivating!

I will call you Monday.

=)

ColeC said...

You and your daughter look so happy ; ) How fun to share the show with her, and get great pictures too.

Tenderloin....big yummmmmm Hope you enjoyed every bite. I know I sure would have ; )

Hope your body starts to get used to all that Tony work, fast. I'm sure you're saying, enough is enough with this soreness.

Have a super Monday!

Pamela said...

Great pic of you & your daughter! sounds like a nice time together!

KatieFeldmom said...

Great picture of the two of you. So glad that you had a nice weekend!!!

Melissa said...

Look how tan you are! And your arms look great....very nice pic of you two!

I'd love to attend a show, I've never been to one. It would be VERY motivating and inspiring. There's one in the fall in Indianapolis that I'm thinking of going to.