Thursday, June 07, 2007

Still waiting.

My daughter got her menus and grocery list today and spent the afternoon shopping. She is really pumped and I hope it last. I am still waiting to hear from Tony but I am sure it will be any day. I have been thinking if there was anything that I really wanted before I start this dive into boot camp and I mean, nothing sounds good at all. Of course, today it is 90 something and nothing would probably sound good anyway. Wait, I think I would like some watermelon. Yes, that is what I will go buy, some watermelon nice and cold. Okay, now that that is out of the way.
Spent today dealing with a contractor who put a knew French door on my patio because I hated the one that the builder put in and was not supposed to. I was surprised but the guy did it in like 4 hours and it did not fit right so he had to do a lot of trim work. He made a huge mess too. I had to go to a workshop this morning but I was so glad that I did because I learned so much. I got up extra early so I could get in my lower body wo which was the bomb! I feel so strong. I really do feel smaller but that scale is not a movin.
I spent the rest of my afternoon trying to hang new curtains in my bedroom. The company sent me two of the right panels and two wrong panels. I was furious. So now I have one window with one kind and another with another kind. Now I have to wait for the right ones to come in the mail and go to the post office to send these back. What a pain. I think someone returned them because I ordered the 96" length and the package said that but they were clearly 108" length. Don't you feel better knowing that today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watermelon. Interssting food. Contains Lycopene, same as Tomatos

Be aware though that Watermelon is about 73 GI, and because of it's size and probable Carb intake, it can cause a moderate to high Glycemic load, so you would be best to limit consumption of maybe 2-3 Wedges a week.

I just checked those out, man over 1,300 calories for a 4KG wedge, but you could get nearly as much Protein as a Chicken Breast.

Though you'd have to eat the whole 4KG at once ha ha ha.

Hope you're doing fine. Best wishes as always.

:-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

Busy day for you. Did that contractor clean up his mess, or leave it for you? Is your new door pretty?

ColeC said...

Don't you just love contractors ;)

I love watermellon too. I know they are high on the GI, but I don't care. To me it's still a fruit, mostly water, and I will never feel guilty about eating it ;) Enjoy!

Hope you hear from Tony soon. I didn't know he sends grocery lists too. I like that ;) I can tell you're getting restless about not hearing from him. Then when you do, you'll be writing how he's kicking your butt and how you want carbs!! heeheehee

Have a super weekend!!

KatieFeldmom said...

Yummy on the watermelon!!! Forget the high GI --- you're splurging before you get the Tony menu!!! Enjoy it!!!